Advice on a new exhaust system?

Restoration

1. LocuMob

LocuMob Fluid Technician with a hat FCBO Gold Member

I know it's a bit expensive, $780 (I think they raised their prices since I last bought from them), but the tti kit is excellent. They even have a kit for 75-79 B body cars. I love mine on the two cars that got them, and I'll be buying another kit for another car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. polara71

polara71 Old Man with a Hat

Despite the higher tag TTI probably is the best bang for the buck . Fitment and longevity are the important factors here I would think.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. cbarge

cbarge World Famous Barge in a Budget FCBO Gold Member

Did 3 C bodies with TTI..worth every penny

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. James Watkins

James Watkins New Member

That is completely ridiculous, California's emissions laws would drive me completely insane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. James Watkins

James Watkins New Member

It certainly does help. I have a lot more research to do to figure out the specifics of what I want, but now I at least know where to start.

6. Snotty

Snotty Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

They can. On the other hand, we don't have to pass a safety inspection as so many States do. That's not a bad thing.

What bugs me about our Smog Laws is the Visual Inspection part of the test. As I said, that Cordoba failed when a tube was missing, The emissions portion was tremendous; it barley raised a finger!! Yet, it failed. I had a Caddy that failed because the "Check Engine" light didn't work. As with my Cordoba, the emissions levels were well within spec; not as clean, but not above 50% on any measurement. FAIL!!! Went to the Referee; no good, light must work. I said to both, "But the emissions levels are all passing!!!" "They might be better, get the light fixed." Come on!!! An A is better than a B, but a B is passing!!!

What I wish we had was this: Put the tube in the exhaust's butt, put the drive wheels on the dyno, and let it run. If it passed, done! If it fails, then open the hood. But... NNNOOOOOO!!!! "You're missing a tube son, FAIL!!!"

By the way, only those areas of California determined to be Smog Test II levels must be put on a dyno. Had to in Bakersfield, don't have to here in Chico.

7. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

ITT has a decent website and the product looks great.
    However for some reason they don’t make a system that fits my passenger side manifold.
    Never did get a response back when I inquired.
    Too pricey when I still have to take car somewhere and modify their headpipe and flange.
    Buying a different manifold just to pay top $$ for an exhaust kit seams silly.
    Fortunately Waldrons can outfit my car.