Ain’t gonna be no rematch!

I've followed the story on Mickey for a while and it's sad to see it go. But I understand your sentiment, it is what it is.

FWIW, if my engine blew up after 13 years of working on my project a Sawzall is the last thing it would see.

I read all of the build thread due to this 'rematch'. I hadn't seen the car before that.

I understand the frustration. Sometimes we simply cannot know until afterward what we should've done.

But it would be a shame for your rust repair, paint-polishing, and that nice interior to go outside to decay, though, just because of an engine.

I read all of the build thread due to this 'rematch'. I hadn't seen the car before that.

I understand the frustration. Sometimes we simply cannot know until afterward what we should've done.

But it would be a shame for your rust repair, paint-polishing, and that nice interior to go outside to decay, though, just because of an engine.

I've got a complete 383 on an engine stand. I'll make whoever takes on this car a smokin' hot deal on it. . .

I've got a complete 383 on an engine stand. I'll make whoever takes on this car a smokin' hot deal on it. . .
Would need a big block bell housing, I think. How do all the other manual trans components translate to the 383? Is it all plug 'n play?

Would need a big block bell housing, I think. How do all the other manual trans components translate to the 383? Is it all plug 'n play?
Here’s the thing: to do it right would take a big block stub frame, torsion bars, power disc brake conversion, correct steering column, heavier rear leaf springs, radiator, anti-sway bars and all the other miscellaneous brackets and do-dads. People who talk this big block swap stuff are blowing smoke.

What I want and what the car deserves is irrelevant. The consequences of my actions and choices are at hand.

Damn, I'm really wishing I had the means, I'd love to take Mickey home.

Here’s the thing: to do it right would take a big block stub frame, torsion bars, power disc brake conversion, correct steering column, heavier rear leaf springs, radiator, anti-sway bars and all the other miscellaneous brackets and do-dads. People who talk this big block swap stuff are blowing smoke.
What I want and what the car deserves is irrelevant. The consequences of my actions and choices are at hand.
I will put it back in service with slant six engine. What is the price you are looking for?

Geez, I've got a 3,000-mile 318 with a 904 out of a '72 Barracuda that would be perfect for this. But, like you said, the ancillary parts needed for a proper V8 conversion (small OR big block!) would be the thing that could push the build cost up that much more. Hell, I've even got a complete under-dash A/C unit with compressor and all the other bits that came out of a Newport in Colorado.

Geez, I've got a 3,000-mile 318 with a 904 out of a '72 Barracuda that would be perfect for this. But, like you said, the ancillary parts needed for a proper V8 conversion (small OR big block!) would be the thing that could push the build cost up that much more. Hell, I've even got a complete under-dash A/C unit with compressor and all the other bits that came out of a Newport in Colorado.
Yep, you know what your talking about. Everyone thinks this stuff just falls together like on TV and YouTube. They see the baby but never experienced the labor pains!

Back