AMD discontinuing a fair bit of Mopar sheet metal

In the licensed repro market, it can take a really BIG crystal ball to predict what might be needed in the future. They made their "big splash" with the Charger R/T that they rebuilt for SEMA that year. THAT got really got them on everybody's radar. Before them, it was Sherman and Associates.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but would not the bulk of any full-blown restorations of '65-'67 B-body Plymouths and Dodges be mainly the earlier Street Hemi cars and possibly Street Wedge 426 cars before that? How many of them were built? A nice 383 4bbl car would be a nice one to redo, too, but without the $$$$ of the Street Hemi cars. BTAIM.

I'm wondering how long it will be before we see a "closeout sale" on the many '65 Fairlane trunk gutters they are now doing? Or the parts for the '64 Galaxies? Perhaps they used the Chrysler stuff to get noticed and then branched out into other brands?

I wish them well in their business ventures.
CBODY67

Thanks for the corrections. I thought I remembered it being at least an SE and the "promotion car", but thought it might have also had the R/T stuff, too. My mistake. There was some coverage of it's build on the Saturday morning "Power Block" shows, back then. It was a lucky find by those that found it and knew what it was.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Looks like the sale is back on. I just bought a pair full quarters for my '72 Satellite for $300 each.

What a bargain!

Hope they actually show up, and hopefully not damaged.

AMD 1.JPG

Jeff

Back