Animals

I've posted this before. Both rescue boxers. I am part of our local boxer rescue, I sometimes have a 3rd I foster. Too many dogs need a home....PLEASE always check you local rescues before "buying" a dog. The small male was born in the rescue and I got him as a puppy, he is a runt that never grew, full grown @ 42lbs, just a peanut. The larger female (80 lbs) was thrown out of a car hours from Austin TX, crawled her way to somone house who took her to a kill shelter. Austin's Boxer rescue sent a volunteer hours drive to get her out of the kill shelter. She was abused and litterally had no hair when I took her in. About 5k in vet bills her coat is stunning and besides scars from being abused she is almost show quality. She is the most loving dog that never leaves my side. I wouldnt mind having a "conversation" with her last owner. Is amazing from what she was put thru that she loves going for a ride so much, especially in a convertable. Sweetest dogs in the world, but dont mess with her chrysler! She doesnt allow people to get to close to it (staring at a person parked next to me), any of my other cars she doesnt care!

http://www.austinboxerrescue.com/

If you like anyone can virtually adopt a dog or donate to the ABR. Or donate to your local rescues!!! My PSA of the day :)

Your heart is in the right place, and it's a big heart. kudos and respect from me!!!

lol yes their face doesnt show a whole lot of emotion, but the *** end wiggles a million miles an hour and they will kidney bean. Ironic enough just after I posted that I got a call from the rescue, looks like time to foster a young male in a kill shelter. 3 boxers is always a handfull...
Well done for rescuing them I don't know how anybody could mistreat a dog or any animal

This is GiGi. She was seven when she was killed under my automatic garage door; this was back in late April of '14. GiGi was too short to trip the garage door beam. She was a Papillion/Chihuahua mix (PapiChi). She was 12 pounds of fun!

She was born on Christmas Day 2006, so she was seven and a half years old. GiGi was always at the door when I came home from wherever;, be it my shop, work, or just being outside, she would meet me at the door, with her tail wagging furiously and her little face ready to lick mine. She'd sleep in the bed with us, and would always lay up against my back. She'd stay like that all night until I got up to get ready for work, and I'd let her outside so she could pee, then come back in for her breakfast. We were both always so excited to see each other!!! The past few weeks, I'd tell GiGi how awesome she is, and that her daily charge up the awesome scale was unstoppable. I'd tell her that she gained 100% more awesomeness over the previous day's awesome tally, and she'd wag her tail approvingly and lick my face off.

She and I would play tug-of-war with her various toys. Of course, the dog taste was pretty heavy, but I never minded that. She'd grrr and growl and pull hard on the toy - she was just 12 pounds - but she sure thought she was bigger than that. No fear in GiGi! She'd also go outside on the concrete porch, stretch out and sun herself for several minutes each day. Best damn watchdog ever, too!

I cannot describe what GiGi meant to me! Other than her playmate and best dog friend DeeDee the Chihuahua, who has been with us for 10-1/2 years, both dogs I've had the longest in my life! She'd follow me everywhere in the house. I'd be on the couch watching a little TV, she'd be on the couch with. On the computer? She'd be right there. Time for bed? She'd follow me in and wait until I was ready for bed, then I'd lift her up onto the bed and she'd be right there, up against my back and under the covers, asleep all warm and cozy...

I really miss GiGi.

gigi-01.jpg

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=569776529798442&set=vb.177623769013722 &type=2&theater[/video]

Works without Membership. Found it funny.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=569776529798442&set=vb.177623769013722 &type=2&theater[/video]

Works without Membership. Found it funny.
That is so funny and cute cheers for finding it I am still laughing 2hrs later I also show it to my daughter she loves cats:yaayy:

View attachment 46466

I've posted this before. Both rescue boxers. I am part of our local boxer rescue, I sometimes have a 3rd I foster. Too many dogs need a home....PLEASE always check you local rescues before "buying" a dog. The small male was born in the rescue and I got him as a puppy, he is a runt that never grew, full grown @ 42lbs, just a peanut. The larger female (80 lbs) was thrown out of a car hours from Austin TX, crawled her way to somone house who took her to a kill shelter. Austin's Boxer rescue sent a volunteer hours drive to get her out of the kill shelter. She was abused and litterally had no hair when I took her in. About 5k in vet bills her coat is stunning and besides scars from being abused she is almost show quality. She is the most loving dog that never leaves my side. I wouldnt mind having a "conversation" with her last owner. Is amazing from what she was put thru that she loves going for a ride so much, especially in a convertable. Sweetest dogs in the world, but dont mess with her chrysler! She doesnt allow people to get to close to it (staring at a person parked next to me), any of my other cars she doesnt care!

http://www.austinboxerrescue.com/

If you like anyone can virtually adopt a dog or donate to the ABR. Or donate to your local rescues!!! My PSA of the day :)

My cousin in Green Bay has a pair of boxer's. The smaller female of his pair is the dominant one and she stole a full pound of block chocolate from Maryland that I bought for my 80 year old Aunt. That dang dog ate the cardboard box and the full pound of chocolate and barfed it up for 24 hours. The other boxer just snoozed during that episode...

BTW, this is world class chocolate!

http://www.wockenfusscandies.com/

wockenfuss.jpg

5.jpg

My cousin in Green Bay has a pair of boxer's. The smaller female of his pair is the dominant one and she stole a full pound of block chocolate from Maryland that I bought for my 80 year old Aunt. That dang dog ate the cardboard box and the full pound of chocolate and barfed it up for 24 hours. The other boxer just snoozed during that episode...

BTW, this is world class chocolate!

http://www.wockenfusscandies.com/

wockenfuss.jpg

5.jpg
Greedy dog and your poor aunt lol

Max. Chocolate lab and former shelter dog. Loyal to a fault, follows me where ever I go inside or out. Doesn't like strangers on his property either. Will eat any and everything put under his nose.

MAXdoggy.jpg

Dec 2008 014.JPG

. Will eat any and everything put under his nose.

That's a lab alright. Ours had a shoe buckle come out once and at the Moment he's developed some Appetite for old wallpaper laying on the floor during renovation.

Yup. They have bottomless pits for stomachs I think. If he can eat it he'll scarf it down and then look at me as if to say "any more". lol.

This is my cat Tiger that was left behind when an ex girlfriend and her daughter moved out

The cocker spaniel is Shelby, she passed on 10 years ago.

I'd rater have a dog but till this cat is gone that isn't happening.

E001.jpg

Alan

Max. Chocolate lab and former shelter dog. Loyal to a fault, follows me where ever I go inside or out. Doesn't like strangers on his property either. Will eat any and everything put under his nose.

Who could leave a dog like that in a shelter or not go find him if lost. People are such a..holes it unbelievable the human race still goes on.

Patrick that is the saddest story, you have told it before and every time it makes he just as sad.

Im so glad to read so many people have shelter/rescue animals. I always tell the people that say they want a purebred they can go to any rescue and get one. A friend of mine has a rescue Great Dane and shows her and regurally wins with her. Rescue/shelter dogs arent all mutts, however even tho my 2 are pure boxer I think the mutts make the best dogs!

My list of dogs
Our Boarder Collie rescue Dodge that we lost 8/25/13 with our current dachsund
IMAG0283_zpst0ymgkuq.jpg
Our latest rescue dog a Plot hound mix, scared of all men but the nicest dog and he is coming around slowly.
IMG_20140316_135513_153_zpsozdyso3j.jpg
Only digital pic I can find of our previous Doxie Ginger suffered from Cushing's disease, my kind of dog she loved beer and coffee would drink yours if you left it. Showed up at our door one day stayed for 10 years
100MEDIA36IMAG0040_zpsnv51zvzh.jpg
My wife and I, first dog Scully the Frisbee dog she rode with us for years in the truck. My one friend jokes that she was in more states than he has ever been in.
100MEDIA36IMAG0056_zpsnyvrkofg.jpg

IMAG0283_zpst0ymgkuq.jpg

IMG_20140316_135513_153_zpsozdyso3j.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0040_zpsnv51zvzh.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0056_zpsnyvrkofg.jpg

Back