Another orphan found our driveway...

She’s been doing good the last couple days out on the road. Had a little trouble with the return fuel line, but got it fixed. Also want to get a new mount for the trans. Old mount isn’t terrible, but has a bit of play in it. Being so tight in the tunnel, can feel the trans kiss the floor once in a while. Wondering if a Polly mount will cure this, or just a tight new rubber mount.

Luckily have tomorrow off, I need to redo the wiring going back to the tail lights. She has a short somewhere. Tail lights stay on all the time, have to unhook the battery when not in use. Also when the lights are on, the brake lights don’t work. Gotta love 40yr old wiring.

Other then that, looking good for the show Saturday.

Old girl cleans up pretty good for an old work truck!

Got the wiring fixed, and have her all cleaned up for her first show. Can honestly say, this trucks been here over a year now. This is the first time I’ve ever done a detail on it lol. Nothing fancy, just a quick wipe down, and a coat of wax. That’s a lot of acreage to detail!

E0A08DE5-928F-4364-B3CB-6B0880C0D4E4.jpeg
1D2614DF-E0EE-4076-862B-A064E35919D2.jpeg
C0658F1F-90A6-4A51-A2A4-B5D2C660D861.jpeg
0276119A-D73B-4CB5-9D19-AC205837AD50.jpeg

Want y’alls opinion.

The front end surprisingly didn’t sag as much as I thought it would, with the cummins in it. But she still has too much of a rake.

Would you raise the front, or lower the rear?

I
Want y’alls opinion.

The front end surprisingly didn’t sag as much as I thought it would, with the cummins in it. But she still has too much of a rake.

Would you raise the front, or lower the rear?
I like a rake, I'd leave it.

Zac! You are the “****”.. that truck loooks amazing. Fantastic work my friend, can’t wait to see it Carlisle. Hint hint.. :poke:

Thanks for your input guys.

I like a little bit of rake, but it’s just a bit much.. I’m kinda on the same page, with lowering the rear a bit. It has a ton of springs out back. Removing a few of em should help. It also bounces over every bump. Should make the ride better as well.

Do want her to be able to pull the cars around, but don’t see a need for a bunch of weight in the back.

A little lower in the rear, but don't effect it's ability to tow. Where's the door panels?

They are in the shed out back. I almost pulled em out, to throw em on today, but never got the chance. I’ve been holding off putting them, and the rear cargo area trim back on, as they need to be painted badly.

We have a new set of door panels, glove box, dash panel, as well as the rear panels to go in once I get some SEM paint to go on em.

Been a busy morning. On the way over to starke to drop the blumo’s trans off, I dropped mayble off to have her new exhaust installed.

Guys called me back, and I had to go up there and remove the secondary fuel tank. New exhuast is quite a bit bigger then the 440s would have been. Tank had/has a leak any ways, so it was not in use.

They were nice enough to let me pull it on the lift. I need to get me one of them!

Truck sounds great at idle! But damn does it seem quiet going down the road now lol

FA966969-33DF-4924-9E3F-8877FA628B1A.jpeg

Took a shot at dying some interior panels for the first time today. I bought a bunch of SEM stuff for Sabrina, for Christmas. Gotta say, this stuff is bad ***, but damn is it $pricey$!

Went with Camel tan for color, as well as satin black for the steering wheel, and column.

Only did the “new” dash pad, and glove box door today. Theres a lot of prep, and cleaning involved. Ive got other panels out of the shed waiting to go. Maybe tomorrow. Want to get the dash pulled, and get it spiffed up as well.

Here’s a before. These pieces are not perfect, but are much better then the originals, and should work great for a daily driver truck.

2CFBB1CB-BB62-4F22-AF59-7CE105D0CB75.jpeg

95E9D319-5527-431B-8DEC-CCD16D1114C9.jpeg

Here’s after. Paint is still wet, and a little more glossy looking then the finished product.

D18AC5A8-5CD9-4797-9EC3-C9568FA0264F.jpeg

07B146F6-8A67-4047-8E27-D833145EE0A8.jpeg

9ADAC197-93CE-42F9-AE7F-EC45235FC292.jpeg

D3CE0FEE-603B-42FA-86A3-E6BE49593A0E.jpeg

FFB3C138-2B63-4851-AF5F-E24260EBE0E0.jpeg

Great looking truck. I'd suggest lowering the back a touch.

Thanks! Yea, its in the plans for some day. Just remove one/couple of the many springs.

Heres a better shot of the “finished” product, without the wet paint. Im very pleased with the outcome. Can’t wait to get the rest done.

7FAB97C5-E1C0-4AB5-9F6D-531D261A521F.jpeg

Back