Another orphan found our driveway...

I introduce to you all, Mayble the ‘78 D300 with a 12 valve lol.

Please excuse the roofers compressor next door. I also forgot to tilt the phone. My bad! But she’s alive!

Obviously still have some stuff to finish up. I had the coil wire for the 12volts to the pump, but mysteriously the wire is not getting any power now. Just have a jumper wire to the battery for now.

I goofed up, and toasted the starter relay. The starter wire got bent, and grounded itself out on the starter body. Got a new relay installed, and fixed the wire.

Congratulations on your remarkable accomplishment! She's a beauty.

I love that frigging thing! Congrats, man, that's gotta be a fine feeling.

It was nice for sure! Finally felt like something was accomplished.

Am I seeing Maybel and the BluMo on a trailer at Carlisle 2018? :poke:

YES! lol fingers crossed for sure. That is the ideal time plan.

Been out of town this weekend on work. Hoping to get her up and moving this next week.

Your energy level is like that of the Tasmanian Devil! You let nothing stand in your way.
205cf0c250fb75b013fa420c7bb438f8.jpg

I'll nominate this thread as the most entertaining and informative on FCBO. Amazing job :thumbsup:.

Your energy level is like that of the Tasmanian Devil! You let nothing stand in your way.
View attachment 149523

I'll nominate this thread as the most entertaining and informative on FCBO. Amazing job :thumbsup:.

Well thank you! I’m glad y’all are enjoying it. I’ve been having fun with it.

Sitting here in the work truck on the way back home. We stopped by the local car God’s church a few exits back.

4E54C9B7-2972-499F-8666-58E7849EE5F8.jpeg

1BF89915-AC15-45B7-BB85-B0786A0AAE91.jpeg

I was bad. They didn’t have it in stock unfortunately, but ordered the new exhaust for the truck. Diamond Eye 4” straight pipe kit. Should make her sound pretty good.

5B696B78-F01C-4906-837C-1C564F28D56A.jpeg

Diamond Eye Exhaust Systems K4209A-RP

Well thank you! I’m glad y’all are enjoying it. I’ve been having fun with it.

Sitting here in the work truck on the way back home. We stopped by the local car God’s church a few exits back.

View attachment 149529
View attachment 149530

I was bad. They didn’t have it in stock unfortunately, but ordered the new exhaust for the truck. Diamond Eye 4” straight pipe kit. Should make her sound pretty good.

View attachment 149531

Diamond Eye Exhaust Systems K4209A-RP

With no muffler on that thing, yer gonna be throwing rocks at it by the time you get to Carlisle. . . :poke:

Got the most important mod installed on the truck today.

F3933EEA-8CD1-497A-BB8E-32057C3D468F.jpeg

LOL

What a day.... did the trans, and most everything else. Filled the power steering fluid up, and started to burp it, and wouldn’t you know, the rag joint decided to fail.

DE2D2527-6C9A-474B-8B7C-41608E1F95E7.jpeg
87570635-02DA-4644-9136-66990DAEE1CA.jpeg

So spent the most of the afternoon/night fixing that. Got that finished, and cobbled up a throttle cable. It needs a custom one made up. Will get one for it soon.

Took her on her first test run. It was.. interesting.....

Right out of the subdivision we lost the rod in the throttle linkage. No power. Ugh.

Idled it back in reverse down the middle turn lane a quarter mile back to the house. Truck won the battle today lol, I’m pooped.

Oil got the best of that rag joint, awesome that it's moving under it's own power.

Yea, that old 440 got oil everywhere. Mostly those damn valve cover gaskets.

Thanks!

She’s a tug boat at the moment!! 4.10s gotta go lol. Trans doesn’t feel too great at the moment. She seems to go right to 3rd. Still need to get the over drive working as well.

Exhaust showed up today as well. I know what I’ll be doing this weekend!

E55A9F86-D115-4510-9C46-DDFDAC76128F.jpeg

Yea, it has a tv cable. It is in, and seems to be working the way it should. I have a spring on it up by the pump, pulling it forward, making sure I’m getting all the travel out of it I can...

Been fighting the angry ***** all weekend lol. Spent a whole day and a half just trying to get her to charge. 3 alternators, and 3 regulators later she is finally charging!

Did get the wiring cleaned up, and looking better. No glamor shots yet though.

Also got the overdrive wired up with a switch. Huge difference this made! Played with the tv cable some more. My cummins buddy, and I installed a bolt, and nut on the tv cable end, to move it a little more forward, and act as a bump stop. The adjustment for the cable was already maxed out. Seems to be a common problem when you install the governor spring I’ve got in it, from what I’ve read.

2AB1ECF2-9B94-444E-83C1-99E949294157.jpeg

EDF9E78F-2E7D-4082-9989-A356B81EC35E.jpeg

14CE97C9-1402-4E0C-B122-86EB544D8F7E.jpeg

Sabrina got to drive her for the first time today. Took too it like a champ lol. I believe she really enjoyed it.

4FB02D21-387B-43E7-8CF5-3619EB6243A5.jpeg

Here’s a little vid from today. Nothing special, but atleast there’s day light.

It’s looking good for the show next weekend. I’m planning on driving her all week, make sure the bugs are worked out.

Been fighting the angry ***** all weekend lol. Spent a whole day and a half just trying to get her to charge. 3 alternators, and 3 regulators later she is finally charging!

Did get the wiring cleaned up, and looking better. No glamor shots yet though.

Also got the overdrive wired up with a switch. Huge difference this made! Played with the tv cable some more. My cummins buddy, and I installed a bolt, and nut on the tv cable end, to move it a little more forward, and act as a bump stop. The adjustment for the cable was already maxed out. Seems to be a common problem when you install the governor spring I’ve got in it, from what I’ve read.

View attachment 150453

View attachment 150454

View attachment 150455

Sabrina got to drive her for the first time today. Took too it like a champ lol. I believe she really enjoyed it.

View attachment 150456

Here’s a little vid from today. Nothing special, but atleast there’s day light.

It’s looking good for the show next weekend. I’m planning on driving her all week, make sure the bugs are worked out.

Get a filter on her... don't want to feed her more bugs than you already have:poke:

:thumbsup: doing good kid !

Thanks Dave!

Get a filter on her... don't want to feed her more bugs than you already have:poke:

Yes Pa. lol it is back on. Hate that damn tube! Turn black just looking at it!

A6CBC635-2D25-4D04-9847-83339463E67F.jpeg
831B7B14-5BFA-48FF-8FCD-48E844809B6C.jpeg

Nice one, brother. That's a mean rig.

Thanks!

Stop with throttle this and tv cable that. It's a fuel pedal now.
Congrats I wish I had your energy.

I’ve been giving Sabrina a hard time all week lol. “Gas pedal, does it need gas?”. Doesn’t use gas anymore lol.

Thanks!

Back