Another Rebuild

Hope you're detailing the hell out of the engine compartment to do that spiffy looking engine justice. .
Cleaned up and painted the hard to reach areas with the engine in place. Everything else will have to wait til spring because it's too f'n cold outside now.

The ones from Quebec are the ones that drive me nuts. What's with them? Were lobotomies a pre-travel requirement?

Another few pics from today. Block is bored another .010 (total .040 over) and confirmed adequate. The forged pistons ordered and moley rings have been ordered but due to back order likely won't be in until New Year. Shop still figures we will be on target for factory 440 HP specs. I was hoping to drive the car home but it likely won't happen on mid-January roads around here.
View attachment 66426
View attachment 66427
View attachment 66428
View attachment 66429

Are you planning on painting your motor turquoise when it's all one assembly???.......it looks corporate blue on my monitor.

Not sure what the colour is but it does seem darker than turquoise. Pretty sure the spray cans are still available from the dealer parts counter.

I love the paint on the inside of the motor and heads, helps with oil flow back to the pan. Do you know what type of paint they used?

It does look good but I don't know what it is. He won't be doing much with it until the New Year. I'll try to remember to ask him when I go back to visit then.

probably this:
p422d.jpg

Better get the rattle cans ready that is definitely Chryco blue, I catch all sorts of **** for leaving mine blue instead of turquoise from the know it alls...look at my car boys and girls, anything scream factory concours restoration here...your mileage may vary...

Better get the rattle cans ready that is definitely Chryco blue, I catch all sorts of **** for leaving mine blue instead of turquoise from the know it alls...look at my car boys and girls, anything scream factory concours restoration here...your mileage may vary...
Knowing Fred, there is no way in Hell that is Corporate Blue.

A happy day with the Monaco back tucked away in it's stall. The roads were bone dry today so I drove it home from the shop. It feels as it should very strong although I won't be letting it loose until it's broken in some time in the spring. I know the colour is 70's blue and not the correct 60's turquoise but not a biggie to me since the motor is a 77. The inner fenders, firewall and hood should also be body colour but isn't. One day when the car gets painted I may change it. In the short term I will drive and enjoy it as is.
60 percent 440.JPG

Scan0001.jpg

Back