Antenna

Gavin Jeffrey

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking to buy an original antenna mast (screw in type) for my 68 Chrysler New Yorker.
Mine has snapped about 3 inches up from the base.
Please let me know what you have.

Gavin.

20191212_191240.jpg

Power antennae? or not?
The non power version is quite common on e bay if that helps.
Typically stainless in telescoping 3 mast design.
Hope this helps

I had the same thing happen to mine. For a cheap fix I was able to remove the remains of the mast from the screw in part, the I used a brake tubing cutter to remove just the part of the mast that was kinked and pressed the screw in part back into it. I only lost about 2 inches and you'd never notice just by looking at it.

Good morning Gavin, I happen to have a brand new gently used stationary mask that I used on my 77 NYB while having the power antenna rebuilt. When I get home I’ll take pictures and measurements for you if that is of interest to you. I paid $20 for it in June of last year on eBay. As mentioned, they’re out there..

Last edited:
Good morning Gavin, I happen to have a brand new gently used stationary mask that I used on my 77 NYB while having the power antenna rebuilt. When I get home I’ll take pictures and measurements for you if that is of interest to you. I paid $20 for it in June of last year on eBay. As mentioned, they’re out there..
Hi,
Yes I am interested in your antenna, send me some pictures and we can go from there.
Thanks
Gavin.

Here we go Gavin, as mentioned I bought this as an interim for my 77 until the power antenna came back from being refurbished. Although it was mounted on the car it was really never installed. Meaning the cable was never attached to the radio so it’s essentially still very new. The mast is stainless steel at 30 inches long as pictured. The base appears to be chrome as most of them are.. you can have it for 15 bucks plus the ride.
9911D8EA-FC5A-44D0-8D09-386B31D5CD35.jpeg
8B87F348-7FD4-4453-8EB3-81037F84B8C0.jpeg
24FE3FFF-1621-48FE-B2D5-08471C61496E.jpeg
9870D5B3-92AD-4910-8C98-6DC085BAAFAB.jpeg

Are you guys coming to Carlisle again this year? If so which classy chassis are you bringing?
Good possibility Carlisle this year. More than likely the 68 Newport.
The 69 Fury is not finished and still have to prove itself for long hauls.

My apologies to the OP for wandering off topic..

Hi,
Thanks for the pictures, it is slightly different to my antenna, my base has a slight curve or angle to it to follow contour of fender.
And my mast is different at the base, I think your antenna is a rear 1/4 panel one from a 65 or 66 Chrysler.
I will still buy it from you, and make it work.
Please let me know on postage to
48 Rowan Parade
Wendouree, Victoria
Australia
Postcode is 3355
Regards
Gavin.

Oh ok. Please don’t feel obligated to buy it though. If you can use it! I’ll be happy to mail it.. You sure?

I’ll go to the post office tomorrow and get a mailing quote..

I’m sorry Gavin.. this antenna is a solid / fixed unit.. the mast doesn’t unscrew like yours, so since your base is tilted I doubt mine would work.. your call though.

No sir that I can see, I didn’t want to force for fear of breaking it.. tell ya what! If you’re in a bad way not being able to find a suitable unit.. you can HAVE mine.. no charge. Maybe you can find a way to make it work. just cover the ride. I’ll probably never use it and it was $20 on eBay if I ever needed another.

Back