Any experience of 'Master Power' disc conversion kits?

We are using their booster and MC on my dad's pro-touring 68 Fury. Parts seem to be of good quality. I cannot say the same for the customer service. They know how to sell parts but know zip about actual design of a brake system. Given the calipers we are using and the desired braking level we want they provided little help. Was like pulling teeth to get some figures on expected gains from their boosters. Even those I think someone guessed as the numbers were quite low compared to others. I'll see when we get to an actual pressure test. We are going to use a less than ideal pedal ratio to help gain pressure. The small front rotors and extra weight of the Hemi really leave our fronts weak.

You should note that they don't seem to advertise any kit/system that works on a 4000+ pound car. Or at least didn't. Of course a fairly aggressive pad will help if your pressure is less than ideal or rotor diameter is small. I run Hawk pads on most things as there is good data and on their friction rating.

For a Duster or a 32 Ford their kits should be fine but I have doubts with a big C.

kit say it requires 15 inch whhels so it most have bigger rotors?

No issue with wheel size, as I run 15" Crager SS's.

My only other transatlantic option is Wilwood, which is all a bit 'street rod' for my tastes (with prices to match) and I dislike that you have to use their brand hoses for the fittings.

i dunno if ECI will send stuff over there but call ECI ask for ralph and tell em we sent ya.

you may have to buy it here then have one of us ship it over. dunno.

try not to die -

- saylor

master Power is a great outfit with excellent products. There's always someone there ready to help you out with your questions.

Back