Anyone here own a Jukebox?

You should be more like Monaco75 and myself, trains take up less space, unless your into G scale!

I am still trying to keep this a cheap hobby so most of the 60's and 70's jukeboxes fit in that category. There are some really classic, cool and beautiful ones out there, like the ones you guys mentioned.

I really like learning the workings of these machines. I picked the Seeburg this time because they used a similar mechanism since the 50s. If I get to know this one well, then if the right 50s model comes around, I will be more likely to take a chance.

I can't see me ever buying a fully restored and operational jukebox of any model. I am always looking for a deal, and just like our c-bodies, I will probably always put more time and money in them than what they are worth.

You should be more like Monaco75 and myself, trains take up less space, unless your into G scale!

I actually bought some HO trains last winter. I had them growing up, but I don't actually have the space for a nice size track.

My jukeboxes are in wheels so when I need space in my shop I can shove them together and throw a tarp over them :)

Well I might have a problem. I got my jukebox running great, so after some cosmetic restoration and painting it will be going to my house. I decided I was going to miss have a jukebox in the shop, so I found a $50 Seeburg LPC 480. After I got it home I discovered it had one missing component and some cosmetic issues.

They very next week I found the same model missing a couple of major components, but had the one I needed plus the cosmetic items I need where good on this one. A bonus when I got there it was loaded with 80 45s from mostly 79-81. I ended up with at least $50 in records for the $50 price.

This is when it starts getting out of hand. I saw a 1965 Wurlitzer 2900, when I was at this business. Of course it was for sale and I will be picking it up this weekend.

Then not 2 days later a very cool Seeburg 100 wallbox came up for about a 1/3 of what they typically sell for. Yes I definitely have a problem.:)

View attachment 361201 View attachment 361202 View attachment 361203
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I really like learning the workings of these machines.

You sound like a tinkerer like me, I've taught myself to do many a thing like that! First is was bicycles, then cars, as I got older i got more into cooking, clock repair, gunsmithing, gardening, and more. It's good for the mind to teach yourself how to do something without having the I-net and you have to figure it out for yourself or you fail. Yeah, I spent lots of time in the library reading books about those subjects and more, seems like people now just want that instant gratification by asking someone that knows nothing but takes that nonsense as gospel. Then they wonder why everything's all messed up because they listened to someone instead of finding the answer them self!

Then go N scale. You can put an entire layout on a tabletop!!
Then you need a microscope and micro-surgery tools to make a repair, no thank you! My brother is blind as a bat and he plays with Z scale, I don't see how he can even see what he's doing with that little stuff? I also have some HO to go along with the O.

Y
Then you need a microscope and micro-surgery tools to make a repair, no thank you! My brother is blind as a bat and he plays with Z scale, I don't see how he can even see what he's doing with that little stuff? I also have some HO to go along with the O.
The detail on N scale is superb!! I've had a collection for 38 years; never have mounted a layout. :(

My father in law just got into trains a few years back. Before that he had no other hobby except fishing, so he was stir crazy inside during the winter.

I want to get into it more, and it gives us something in common to talk about. I know if I asked him he would let me set up a track in his basement.

He has a few N scale sets. It is really amazing the detail in such a small package.

I actually bought some HO trains last winter. I had them growing up, but I don't actually have the space for a nice size track.

My jukeboxes are in wheels so when I need space in my shop I can shove them together and throw a tarp over them :)

I have been into model railroading for many years, and I've had a "dream layout" plan for all that time. I just never had the time or enough motivation to actually build it. I finally gave up on it several years ago and joined a "modular club." This has worked out really well. Here is the web site for the club I joined: Four County Society of Model Engineers

LOL!! Find me a 1015 and then we'll talk problem...

How about a 1100 Ross? This has been beautifully restored. He didn't even post a price, I am not going to ask because I know I can't afford it. What a beauty.

FB_IMG_1585068285182.jpg

Back