Anyone here own a Jukebox?

Finally got my next project cleaned up. I have got the components ready to go into one machine. Tomorrow I start installation and sorting out the mechanics. I had to do a little cosmetics, the speaker cloth is mid 60s Fender cloth I had left over from a sub woofer I put in Goldie.

20200402_165013-1.jpg
20200402_164730.jpg

I can't find your "squeeze box" topic but, is this your idea of a joke???? Stay safe!!!!!

View attachment 365973

Pretty funny. I will admit the squeeze box got put on the shelf for a while, since I started messing with the jukeboxes.

I was actually looking for my first jukebox when I came across the accordion. :)

I saw that the other day and thought of you as a joke. I didn't know they were in such high demand?

I saw that the other day and thought of you as a joke. I didn't know they were in such high demand?
I don't think they're in that high demand, I think it's just a joke, if a guy has one he has a half dozen it seems like. I still have just the one. :)

Record making 101.

I bought the materials and made my 1st pour of a squeeze mold, to try and reproduce a stereo double sided 45. The only reference I have is a mono one sided 78 which was successfully made. I am using the same mold material and polyurethane resin for the actual record.

I will complete the mold this afternoon and then Monday evening pour my first record. It will be another couple of days before I can actually play it.

20200411_092919.jpg
20200412_102803.jpg
20200412_102913.jpg

Last edited:
I found another hobby just like our c-bodies, in many ways. First look for one which is unmolested and complete, learned my lesson here. Second I am putting more money into it than I would ever be able to sell it for. :)

I bought 2 parts jukeboxes for $50, seems likely the parts which were removed were probably the only parts which were functioning. I have had 2 components professonal rebuilt, and I can see 2 more may be above my abilities.

So it looks like my abilities are cleaning and cosmetics on this one. Covered the lower woofers.

The good thing is I have a great local business working on my components and these things are basically indestructible so they can all be rebuilt.

20200426_163420-928x1148.jpg

I got the Wurlitzer finally to the house and will be able to enjoy it all summer.

The blue grill is anodized aluminum. I couldn't get over how well it cleaned up. It is shiney and bright like new. There is a before and after shot. The dark blue surround band is pebbled vinyl and I found a SEM dye that matches perfectly. The lower black panel is a steel grill and I'll just repaint it black.
20200614_135641.jpg
20200614_135445.jpg
20200614_150645.jpg

Last edited:
Well it took me a year to get everything sorted out to get this one working. Literally every component has been rebuilt. Based on the records installed it has been about 40 years since it ran. This one will be my shop jukebox after spending this summer in my breezeway at home.

Resized_20201020_144357(1).jpeg

I saw this topic a few times and now I have a reason to post something. This Rockola Starlet was my nieces’ who got from her Godparents. I traded a pop up camper for it. It’s working well since tinkering with it. It plays most of the selections but not all. The volume control has intermittent highs & lows and can change with a change of a 45rpm record. I did get two big bins of 45’s. @Zymurgy, you have some beauties there and now “pressing” your own records damn impressive.

696B6257-D64D-4A3B-B095-52E5A502D285.png

D7C20E33-CB8A-4C1C-BF15-CCEC8AAF043B.jpeg

BF855278-1FEF-4526-858E-BFD17A84BB63.jpeg

6A16E5A0-0CB7-4092-962C-E242CB6D47B3.jpeg

7DF5C8ED-5BC7-43AE-A6BD-FEF32B6256A0.jpeg

I have to wonder how much of that crap was nicotine? Looks like a lot of dust too.

I would say it was mostly nicotine. It was on every surface inside and out. I almost painted the interior white plastic because it never came complete out.

I saw this topic a few times and now I have a reason to post something. This Rockola Starlet was my nieces’ who got from her Godparents. I traded a pop up camper for it. It’s working well since tinkering with it. It plays most of the selections but not all. The volume control has intermittent highs & lows and can change with a change of a 45rpm record. I did get two big bins of 45’s. @Zymurgy, you have some beauties there and now “pressing” your own records damn impressive.

View attachment 456579

View attachment 456580

View attachment 456581

View attachment 456582

View attachment 456583

Wow that looks in really good shape.

On the volume control just for the hell of it shoot it with the electronic cleaning compressed air, it did the trick on mine.

I’ll try the electronic cleaning compressed air, once I figure out what it is, lol, and get to the volume control on the bottom back. I’ve already learned how to open all the doors and compartments. I’ve also seen the plastic “song call out” holders, parts, and a manual on ebay.

@haywire 440 if you are on FB I would highly recommend a Rockola group. I am in both a Wurlitzer and Seeburg group and they have been extremely helpful. There is some really knowledge guys out there.

If you haven't already bought a service manual get one. I really like an original hard copy if not available Jukebox Arcade makes an excellent hard copy with usually every thing available for that model, including the installation and operation manual.

Last edited:
Back