Anyone here own a Jukebox?

This is such a cool thread. I am not much of a juke box guy myself, but I love preserving American history. And these juke box just scream American history. Probably one of the reason I love my C body.

I am curious, when you purchase a juke box, does it have all the albums in it too? Oh the stories these things could tell if they could talk.
Very cool stuff!

heres the seeburg in a diner we built in our garage just for fun
20210818_200404_HDR.jpg
20210818_201231_HDR.jpg
20210818_201249_HDR.jpg

My shop has been full of a clients trim and doors lately to spray so no room work on the 300, I have been working on my recently acquired Seeburg. Making progress every time I work on it. It is cleaning up well, repainted rusty components, got the mechanism to scan and select.

The really important achievement I got the Disco ball to spin.:)

Screenshot_20211124-063435_Gallery.jpg
20211114_121805.jpg

My shop has been full of a clients trim and doors lately to spray so no room work on the 300, I have been working on my recently acquired Seeburg. Making progress every time I work on it. It is cleaning up well, repainted rusty components, got the mechanism to scan and select.

The really important achievement I got the Disco ball to spin.:)

View attachment 500736 View attachment 500737

Gorgeous, Mike. I guess this thing plays CDs. You got any Buddy Holly discs in there? :poke:

This one followed me home today. I have actually been looking, since the first time I laid eyes on one. This is the last Wurlitzer jukebox sold in the US, a 1974 3800. It holds 100 7" records. I missed out on 2 of these this year, but worth the wait. Good cosmetic condition and a working box, but it needs a thorough cleaning and oiling.
20211206_161525.jpg
20211206_162003.jpg
20211206_163404.jpg

Last edited:
This one followed me home today. I have actually been looking, since the first time I laid eyes on one. This is the last Wurlitzer jukebox sold in the US, a 1974 3800. It holds 100 7" records. I missed out on 2 of these this year, but worth the wait. Good cosmetic condition and a working box, but it needs a thorough cleaning and oiling.
View attachment 501077 View attachment 501078 View attachment 501079

Mike: I think you have "The Disease." Way-ta-go!

Wow really nice. I don't see those pop up. Are you going to go look at it, or just window shopping?

Well, I was looking for something more along the lines of what you've been doing. Find something reasonable and spend some time refurbing to bring it up to very nice usable condition. But then this thing popped up and I was like "WOW that is SO cool".

Two major problems with it though, (well not really but I guess its just my excuse) the asking price (over 5 grand) and it only plays '78's. I know you and Ross both were talking about a '78 player, well this is one of those. Problem is I don't have 10,000 '78 records like some people do!

Wait, I guess there are THREE problems with it. Its also way to nice for me to use in my shop. I would have to put it in the house instead of the shop.

So no, I have not purchased this machine.

Well, I was looking for something more along the lines of what you've been doing. Find something reasonable and spend some time refurbing to bring it up to very nice usable condition. But then this thing popped up and I was like "WOW that is SO cool".

Two major problems with it though, (well not really but I guess its just my excuse) the asking price (over 5 grand) and it only plays '78's. I know you and Ross both were talking about a '78 player, well this is one of those. Problem is I don't have 10,000 '78 records like some people do!

Wait, I guess there are THREE problems with it. Its also way to nice for me to use in my shop. I would have to put it in the house instead of the shop.

So no, I have not purchased this machine.

Yes I actually enjoy tinkering with them, plus because I have gone through it completely I will generally have a better idea what might be wrong with them when they aren't running right.

Another reason to keep looking for a jukebox, they can run the walls of my shop where a c-body can't fit, and if you have multiple boxes, one of them will be running while you restoring or tinkering with another. :)

Back