Anyone out there have details/photos of seat belt locations on a 57 Belvedere 4 door sedan ?

I have 4 -- 1957 DeSoto s --- NO Seat Belts on any of them.....

1957 Plymouth Belvedere Seat Belt Floor Pan Bracket Mounting System fastener kit | johnnylawmotors.com
1707310782485.jpeg
Viewing a thread - Seat Belts in Chrysler automobiles

I'm just good at looking things up. Being an aircraft mechanic lets me hone my skills.
Interesting, I almost chose that for a career about 30 years ago at Oakland International. I didn't like the commute. I'll be choosing the aircraft type seat belts too, loved them in my 66 Fury.

I worked at Oakland International for a while. FedEx had ATR 47's based there. Scary place just outside of the gates!

I can't see any dimples as mine has a thick undercoating.
Seat belts were offered by Chrysler in 1957 on anything and I've never seen an aftermarket Mopar piece that mentioned them. You need a floor reinforcement for every anchor point. Preferably 6" x6" of 1/4" steel. The floor was designed not to oilcan but was not designed to hold back multiple times a passenger's weight in a collision. Anchoring to the sides of the drivesshaft tunnel would be stronger than the float portion of the floor as would anchoring the outboard ends to the frame itself. But you do your own homework and take your own chances.

StillOutThere
spacer.gif
nav-messages.gif
Posted 2016-09-17 3:58 PM (#521473 - in reply to #487942)
Subject: Re: Seat Belts in Chrysler automobiles
Quote Reply Alert

get-photo.jpg

Boris56 - 2015-08-25 1:00 PM Does anyone know when (in what year) seat belts were available as a dealer-installed accessory??

MoPar accessory seat belts became available mid year 1955. Very few were sold or installed by dealers. I have seen a '55 300 with them recently -- car owned by son of the original purchaser.
The '55 belts had cables under the floor pan as part of the installation. http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=58848&posts=111707710969025.jpeg

the dynamat goes in and the front seat is at the upholsterers shop.

Here are two photos that may help. Back seat mountig points. There are dimples to show mounting points. I don't remeber, but I am sure the front had the dimples also.

The second photo is a warning. This is how close I came to drilling through a line when I drilled at the recommended points.

Edited by Ray 2016-09-17 8:02 PM
1707711111382.jpeg

Hello,

Would you consider reproducing sets of these original buckles you made for Chrysler Canada back in the late 1950s to early 60s?
You can see them at this link. http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=36325&...
There are many people interested in these.
thanks
Ian Smale.

Hello, Ian.

Thank you for your interest in Davis Aircraft.
We could manufacture a minimum of 100 units @ $125.00 each.
Also they would say USA not made in Canada.

Sent: Monday, September 02, 2019 4:58 PM
To: Sales Department <sales@davisaircraft.com>
Subject: Davis Aircraft Products - Ask A Question Viewing a thread - Forward Look Seat Belt buckles by Davis - can be reproduced

Back