AR Torque Thrust Ds Price Cut!

well yes i agree . the name tto refers to Torque Thrust Originals . and what i have are the real thing (magnesium version) and the alum alloys versions . i'm a member of the vintage wheel display team for american's 50th anniversary party . that was a cool event , meet tv tommy there and a slue of vintage racers . it was held in the walley parks museum in pomona , along the dragrace track there . we drove down party'd et , stay'd at da sheriton that night . bought one of my 18'' with the 6.50 firestone sport speed specials on it for display . those rims and tires run the salt ones on the milrose missile 1 with tommy grove tuner/driver . it went one way at 165ish . never back it up although , chuck'd a rim on the run . i'm still looking to repair or replace it so i can run those rims on tgb (the golden boy) . some pics of that rim . the thing at show up at swapmeets , lol .

DSC01514.JPG

DSC01516.JPG

DSC01518.JPG

All right, I got them! I had Cooper GT Radials installed; they were $260 less than TAs, and they have a better speed rating! Sure like the way they all look!

Here you go! That's my wife's '09 Sebring in the background.
IMG_0001.JPG
You can see three things in this shot: my Durango, my Son's Gremlin, and the off-color rear quarter panel!
IMG_0004.JPG
Rims are 15x7, 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern AR Torque Thrust Ds. The tires are Cooper Cobras 245/16R/15s.
IMG_0002.JPG
This is the way the car has looked for the past 12 years.
IMG_0006.JPG
This is the way it looked when I bought it, September 2003.
70sideview.JPG

Very nice! Even though you never quit loving her, its nice to be excited about your car again.

TTs are a great alternative when wheel covers are mundane and road wheels are not in the cards. To be honest, I liked the slots, not many cars with those anymore and they were clean. I feel your excitement for new shoes...:thumbsup:

If you don't already have a buyer, get with me when you decide to sell your current ones. I might be interested.
Snotty, what do you want for the slots?
Well, now that I have my TQs on, I am ready to part with these slots. Bryan, you asked first, so I would give you first shot. I'll take $200 for them, including the TAs. But, I really have no desire to try to ship them; I'm having a hard enough time trying to get a decent price on shipping for a mirror! Xenon, you have next if Bryan doesn't, but you're farther away than he is.

So Brothers, let me know. No prpoblem if you don't want; I'll list them on local CL.

Thanks a ton for the offer, but thinking about it, I agree. I don't blame you for not wanting to ship. Even though your asking price is outstanding, it will probably be a lot easier for you if you list them locally. Shipping could be very pricey..

Thanks a ton for the offer, but thinking about it, I agree. I don't blame you for not wanting to ship. Even though your asking price is outstanding, it will probably be a lot easier for you if you list them locally. Shipping could be very pricey..
Well, you and I could also do a road trip and meet in Idaho or Washington/Oregon. :thumbsup:

First day of use, Whoo-Hoo! Due to a balancing weight hitting my disk caliper I had to swap and front and back wheel. In 5000 miles I'll have to have that fixed.
20170510_085324.jpg

Yes, that rear quarter panel is a different color.

Talk to Regional Fastenal shipping dept (not store) I've shipped a few heavy bulky items for $125 many states away.

I wish these guys would expand a little more

Spee-Dee Delivery Service, Inc.

but WHY is it a diff color?
In 2005 I performed a funeral at a cemetery in Bakersfield. When it was over some dude in a pickup had parked so close to my front end I had to really crank the wheel to pull out. Doing so I rubbed against a garbage can that was right next to my rear quarter panel. That would not have been so bad except the cemetery had all of their cans disguised to look like petrified Sequoia Trees. The stucco it was made from ripped a nice pattern on that panel! After two attempts the paint could not be matched. Wanting to repaint the car in its original silver I left it that way.

12 years later it has still not been repainted.

Didn't realize it had been so long until last week when I was asked the same question on another site. The day after it happened I took the car, scratched and all, to a car show in Van Nuys. It was the first of the Fall Flings. I had put a fake band-aid on the panel with a note, "Ouch!! It happened yesterday." I was given a ribbon! Still have it and it's dated "2005 CPW Fall Fling I."

Cleaned up the Shelby 500s today and listed them on CL. Got two scammers right out of the gate. Both of them referred to what I was selling as "it."
IMG_0010.JPG
I also found these caps in my garage; I do not remember buying them. They fit on these wheels, but not on the TQs. :( Don't know why I never put them on?
IMG_0001.JPG

Car looked good with all your choices, wheelcovers, slots, torque thrusts...and that's a good deal for someone local in your old wheels. If Those were local to me I would have snapped them up!

Dave

Back