Are Fuselage Mopars Most Sarce Generation?

So l can assume the Brougham package was availible in 70 sport Fury's as well ??

A friend of mine owns a junk yard a 1/2 mile from my house. We've been friends since I got here in 1992. He hasn't had a Formal in at least the last 15 years. Boatloads of Chevy's and Ford's....
I've been driving the NYB to work most of the week. The 2 thoughts running through my head when I'm not just enjoying the car... I keep doing math about why I should have run to the pan handle and grabbed Stan's other parts car for $500, and boy I wish I could trust the nice black paint of an Imperial in the parking lot at work. Unfortunately I am practically guaranteed to pick up door dings and worse there.

I occasionally check inventory online for the 2 local DIY places that try to list their inventories, Stan's right, it would be tough finding stuff for a K...

PDR.png

Oh and if you only knew... I had many recruitment attempts by those guys. No, I never did the job, I was the guy who undid the damage they induced and was willing to help them figure out how to stop breaking ****.

Please note the "and worse" above... very talented drivers in my world...

I have one 70 Sport Fury here in Finland, it's a 4dr HT with 318. Somebody told me, that it has unusual options for a small block car, bucket seats, console shifter, front disc brakes etc.
Originally had a vinyl top and all possible exterior trims, but someone tossed the vinyl and the trims back in the States and the car was painted almost the same color as the original.
I have a 383 waiting to be built and put under the hood.
I've never seen another one here, but one time I was stunned. I saw a car just like mine, same color and everything, I thought that mine is stolen but when I came closer it was a 2dr HT Fury III. Still i was completely stunned, have a car like mine here in Finland and in the same area that I live. That car is now sold to unknown location, had a conversation with the owner because he had also seen my car and was blown away.

I have one 70 Sport Fury here in Finland, it's a 4dr HT with 318. Somebody told me, that it has unusual options for a small block car, bucket seats, console shifter, front disc brakes etc.
Originally had a vinyl top and all possible exterior trims, but someone tossed the vinyl and the trims back in the States and the car was painted almost the same color as the original.
I have a 383 waiting to be built and put under the hood.
I've never seen another one here, but one time I was stunned. I saw a car just like mine, same color and everything, I thought that mine is stolen but when I came closer it was a 2dr HT Fury III. Still i was completely stunned, have a car like mine here in Finland and in the same area that I live. That car is now sold to unknown location, had a conversation with the owner because he had also seen my car and was blown away.
I can see myself chasing down a doppelganger of one of my cars... It must have given at least a moment of pure panic.

We had a discussion on this a few weeks ago. The jist of it is that this appears to be an early release because the car I had had the same pattern to the seats as what you are showing, but there were no cloth in the seats in my car. They were all vinyl (or if that was cloth, it sure didn't feel like cloth) and looked better than what the color & trim selector shows. Instead of cloth, the inserts were a perforated vinyl material - very nice looking. And the contrast of colors in the photo of the interior in the trim selector showed more of a contrast in the seat design colors than was the reality in this car. Here is another photo that shows that maybe a little better:

View attachment 113580

Here is the original unrestored Brougham interior on my former 1970 Sport Fury GT. An early car. Passenger reclining seat, with center arm rest. A52, A76, 906-SPD.

Very comfortable, a nice GT.
70 GT Brougham 1.jpg
70 GT Brougham.jpg

The seats in the Sport Fury Brougham that I sold to Bob in Arizona definitely had a different insert material, and it was original - no doubt about it. I believe for some reason, a running change was made from early production to a more elegant insert material with less dramatic color contrast, perhaps more fitting to a Brougham. Thanks for sharing, as I have not seen another Brougham, much less a SFGT one.

Last edited:
The seats in the Sport Fury Brougham that I sold to Bob in Arizona definitely had a different insert material, and it was original - no doubt about it. I believe for some reason, a running change was made from early production to a more elegant insert material with less dramatic contrast, perhaps more fitting to a Brougham. Thanks for sharing, as I have not seen another Brougham, much less a SFGT one.

My old SFGT in FY4 gold with V1G gator roof had a black Brougham interieur, too.

Carsten

Hello gentlemen; I have been out of the forums for a little while my apologies. wanted to chime in on the scarcity of the cars we love here in Southern California I have yet to see another polara two-door like mine anywhere which is strange because of the sheer number of cars on the road.
I'm guessing in my area the environmentalists have had them all chopped up and turned into Toyotas by now; but I hold out hope that they're hiding in garages and will come out in force Someday.
Ben

I'm guessing in my area the environmentalists have had them all chopped up and turned into Toyotas by now; but I hold out hope that they're hiding in garages and will come out in force Someday.
Ben
Sorry Ben, If I'm correct (I hope I'm not) the vast majority that still exist are rotting in the back yards under tarps, but over dirt. The stupid Toyota gets the garage...:realcrazy:

Hi again. So soon, could have sworn i said that my hope was precious few C Body left are in garages. Did not mention rotting. My hope is that like mine they are being lovingly restored and will like a Phoenix rise again to rule the streets of southern California.

Hi again. So soon, could have sworn i said that my hope was precious few C Body left are in garages. Did not mention rotting. My hope is that like mine they are being lovingly restored and will like a Phoenix rise again to rule the streets of southern California.
I like your dream better than my ugly little reality... I too hope they all come back one day.

Back