Before & after pics

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
IMG_5906.JPG
Let's start a thread of cars before the restoration started & after it was finished. Regardless of how nice it turned out. As long as it looked better when done

I have redone two cars.
The Pontiac I bought when I was a kid. My son & I restored it about 15 years ago and he has it now.
When the 'bird was finished I bought a Duster and did that myself - for the most part.

IMG_0001.jpg
DSCF4964.JPG
DSCF4974.JPG
DCP_1003.JPG
DCP_1008.JPG
CNY Trip 2014-4 033.JPG
DSC00616.JPG
DSC00633.JPG

A original Royal Crown Cola/Nehi soda box I converted to a love seat. It's in my "automotive research" room at home.
royal crown 1.jpg
RC seat 1.JPG
RC seat 2.JPG

Last edited:
An original 1948 Crouse-Hinds traffic signal removed from Woodward Ave in downtown Detroit and redone in original colors with original "smiley" lenses. I'll have to dig for the before shots.
traffic sig.JPG

Sorry, don't have a good before... Just imagine a very original car with a few scratches, door dings and a heavily damaged left fender.

*(found the pic that kicked off the resto. Wheel came off after being driven home from storage. Theory was that someone tried to steal a tire and didn't finish. Amazingly, didn't get loose the entire time on the expressway (40 miles) and collapsed on a side street at low speed.)

1212935872.jpg.html
1212935872.jpg

aca07a1c.jpg

1a81a1bf.jpg

Eventually, I did return the OE stripes and wheels (before I sold it)
SU1HLTIwMTMwODI2LTAyNzM4LmpwZw_zps338b34c0.jpg

Last edited:
This is the 65 I am the caretaker of, It's my Father-in- Law's and some day it will belong to my youngest son.
It was done when he purchased it. The PO gave him the pic's of it before/during the rebuild.
Scanned Document.jpg
Scanned Document-2.jpg
Scanned Document-4.jpg
Scanned Document-19.jpg
Scanned Document-15.jpg
Scanned Document-17.jpg
Scanned Document-20.jpg
Scanned Document-18.jpg
Scanned Document-24.jpg
Scanned Document-22.jpg

Back