Bench seat in a 300?

I don't know but you can certainly install buckets and a console in the car but you might need to come up with the brackets to mount the console.

pg%205.jpg

There are a couple of brackets for the console, but if you found the console from a donor you would have the brackets too. I would guess the biggest thing would be the shifter from the console. As you see you start to open a can of worms, when you add the console too.

I own a 66 2dr 300 with front 50/50 bench, column shift and no rear seat cutout. Being a Canadian car based on the Newport may have something do with that. I'd be curious as to how you make out if you do the conversion so please keep us in the loop

I ordered a set of black seat covers today for my 68 300. I will be replacing my bench seat for a set of buckets. The replacement buckets I have are green. My original interior is all black. I was told by Legindary the black bucket seats for 68 had a dark grey insert. Is this correct? If so do my all black door panels need to have some dark grey on them?

They tried that on me to with the charcoal insert , but my 68 Chrysler trim book never mentioned it so not sure that's correct but I assume it is , as they wouldn't say it if it wasn't But I asked for both parts of the seat covers to be made black and had to pay an extra fee to have the job done custom which is ridiculous . When you make your car a console and want the shifter there is a lot to it , like different steering column , shifter , linkages , cut hole and weld brackets on . The dash doesn't have the gear selector and the wiring add on for the console light , vacuum guage light and shifter neutrall switch which is a stand alone loom anyway . If you are just talking about putting buckets and filling the hole , then you fit the buddy seat there . I don't believe there is a blank for a console shift

I also can not find a reference to the grey anywhere. I think I should call legendary back and pay the extra for all black but not sure? I hope they don't give me a bad time just not sure about the grey.

Its a charcoal , so I am sure it will contrast , but I got mine made all black and it looked exactly the same as my survivor 300 that was all original . They are happy to do anything for you , as the do custom orders all the time .

I don't have a 68 300 any more but all 3 were console shifts and bucket seats . When you get bench seats you get a whole different seat package . I have a 66 300 with the bench seat package, but the buckets are a much nicer seat to sit on . In 68 300 when you get buckets seats they are very sporty . Oddly enough if you ordered buckets in a Newport they got the 300 seats and seat pattern !

Thanks for the information. Not sure if I want the grey, It my look good? Wish someone had one to look at. I made the order Monday I was told 8-9 weeks out. I may have till Monday to change my mind.

In reference to the console blank, I have never seen one and agree I don't believe they exist. I believe 300rag was possibly inferring to fabricate your own. I would think it would be something pretty easy for a shop to make. Once you locate a console and take a look at it, you might figure out something you could fabricate yourself.

I would not do anything that can't be reversed, that way you have to option to add the shifter later, if you get inspired to do so.

Here is how the top of the console looks removed from the base, to give you an idea of the look you might want to achieve.

IMG_7298.JPG

After having a talk with legendary. I have decided to stay with the black and charcoal insert. They think it will be a nice contrast and they are sending me some of the Grey to add to my door panels to match the seats. I will use it were the 300 emblem is. I will also use the buddy seat instead of a console.

Back