C Bodies at Carlisle!

Im two hours from Carlisle and its never taken me longer than five hours to get through PA from 10 miles deep into Jersey..... Im a little Geographically confused right now

I'm about 3 1/2 hours from the fairgrounds 3:45 to the hotel. The problem isn't the work, it's finding the time to do the work. I hate paying someone else to do a half *** job when I can do it right myself.

Long story and this will all sound like a lot of excuses but I haven't done anything to the car in the past year other then collect parts for the following reasons:

I was my Aunt's POA and now the executor to her estate. Lost her on the 13th. It was expected and a blessing considering what she went though in the past year. Lost another aunt on the 28th, her kids are taking care of her estate.

I was happy to do it for my aunt but if anyone asks you to be POA and/or executor..."JUST SAY NO!" It's the world's biggest PIA. Lawyers, nursing homes, doctors, visiting nurses, banks, paying bills, real estate, liquidating property, etc. etc. etc.

I also started a new job recently which is currently kicking my ***, global company so I have meetings with Europe as early as 5:00 AM and Asia as late as 8:00 PM.

Finally, in my spare time, I'm taking classes to get my Masters Degree because of the influx in technical work visas, if you don't have a masters, finding another job when necessary can be a huge PIA.

Hopefully I will have some time to put on an exhaust, patch the dutchman's panel to keep the rain out, rebuild the carb, and replace the trunk pan that rotted because of the holes in the dutchman's panel.

I forgot to mention that on the 14th, when I was up collecting my aunt's belongs from the nursing home, which is about an hour north of me, that's were her home is also, My truck got t-boned by an elderly woman who was coming from a funeral. Bad intersection and she simply drove into the side of my truck. Knocked the running board off, crushed the rocker, door, dog leg of the front fender and pushed up the floor pan because she went under my truck. She was so upset that I ended up following her home because I was afraid she was going to have a heart attack right there. Now I'm driving a POS SEVERELY underpowered Tahoe until my truck is out of the shop.

I don't know what I did wrong but Karma is kicked my *** in December.

Driving there in Mary from Canoga Park?

The original plan was to drive the Blue Moose all the way, but I assume we will trailer Mary up. (My dad bought a trailer parking spot). Maybe I will drive it part way for fun, and then trailer it when I am tired. :)

Stayed at the Courtyard in Mechanicsburg last year, that's what I booked for this year also. It is nice, as you said, because you're far enough away to get out of the rat race but it's still a short ride to the fairgrounds. I didn't get much chance to socialize though as I spent all my spare time looking up part numbers in my hotel room. Last year's trip was dedicated to finding parts.

I also take my parts book every year....I haven't found a Formal part yet! LOL!

Except for air cleaner wing nuts and 1157 bulbs.......LOL!

What can I say, I'm a coward...:busted: It probably would but I'm far from being done with everything that needs done.

If it's roadworthy.....check the air pressure, fill it with gas, and hit the road!

There's nothing else that compares to roaring down the Pennsylvania Turnpike heading to Carlisle!

The original plan was to drive the Blue Moose all the way, but I assume we will trailer Mary up. (My dad bought a trailer parking spot). Maybe I will drive it part way for fun, and then trailer it when I am tired. :)

That's the whole reason I joined this site was to find a C body to use as a vacation car rather than some newer car/suv . Still on my bucket list is fly out drive my new find back.

Keep that damn door shut you will be there before you know it.

Try telling that to my girlfriend. She has a bad back and has to stop every two hours. First time I went on a road trip with her , the Mopar Nationals, I found out the hard way it was going to take a lot longer than I planned. Although it was nice to stop and see things I had driven past for the previous decade.

Back