C body core support question

Davews

Reaction score
Just want to confirm that a 69 c body (fury) core support is interchangeable with a 70 c body (monaco) support. Thank you

I don't believe they will interchange.

The stub is rubber mounted on the 70 and the core support is different to allow for the rubber mounts.

The way to check is a simple tape measure to see if the height is different. Side to side and location are the same, but height will be different.

So the short answer is no.

I have a 70 Plymouth Fury, obviously. 70 Plymouth is interchangeable. 71 Plymouth and later is not. The key is height differences due to addition of rubber bushings under the later radiator support panels.

Shipping is prohibitive. Do you have any local yards, where you can take Measuring tape to see if earlier radiator support panels will work?

It looks like my fury had its core support changed years ago to what appears to be a 22" opening while the car was equipped with a 26" radiator... I've parted multiple c bodies, I'll start measuring... thanks guys.

Ok just for reference, I had saved both a 69 Fury support and the 70 monaco both with 26" radiators . I laid them on top of each other and hole for hole, side to side and height were identical... thank goodness I saved them

Lots to read here, but the subject is covered in detail.

1969 - 1971 C body Stub Frame (subframe)
Hi there Big John, I followed your link to 1969-1971 C body Stub Frame (stubframe)
So can I surmise that I could potentially interchange my rigid stub frame on my 70 Polara vert and install a torsion quiet frame but mount it as a rigid ? The diagrams between the both are virtually the same other than the extensions on the torsion quiet frame. And if so would the extensions have to be cut off past the cross member?
Both diagrams identify bolting for a rigid mount application.
commando 1 says in the end that any stub frame can go on any core?
Let me know your thoughts, I value your input.
PT

Hi there Big John, I followed your link to 1969-1971 C body Stub Frame (stubframe)
So can I surmise that I could potentially interchange my rigid stub frame on my 70 Polara vert and install a torsion quiet frame but mount it as a rigid ? The diagrams between the both are virtually the same other than the extensions on the torsion quiet frame. And if so would the extensions have to be cut off past the cross member?
Both diagrams identify bolting for a rigid mount application.
commando 1 says in the end that any stub frame can go on any core?
Let me know your thoughts, I value your input.
PT
My '70 300 Vert has a "torsion quiet" frame in it. I think it's been in there since the mid 70's. Possibly even early 70's. The front support had been changed too at that time and based on the other '71 parts I found, it was probably a '71 support. I swapped in another '71 (correct larger radiator) a few years ago.

From what I can see, the frame was mounted using the rubber and the rear mounting holes in the floor were just drilled out. The floors I've seen are marked at those locations, but the holes weren't punched out.

So, if you can figure out the front, yes you can put a torsion quiet frame in your car. My car has had it for many years... Mostly before I owned it... It seems to be just fine. I drive it like I stole it, the front fenders are still straight, no rattles and the car handles just fine.

If I were doing it, I would have found the correct stub frame, but it wasn't my car back then... and it's not worth changing it now.

My '70 300 Vert has a "torsion quiet" frame in it. I think it's been in there since the mid 70's. Possibly even early 70's. The front support had been changed too at that time and based on the other '71 parts I found, it was probably a '71 support. I swapped in another '71 (correct larger radiator) a few years ago.

From what I can see, the frame was mounted using the rubber and the rear mounting holes in the floor were just drilled out. The floors I've seen are marked at those locations, but the holes weren't punched out.

So, if you can figure out the front, yes you can put a torsion quiet frame in your car. My car has had it for many years... Mostly before I owned it... It seems to be just fine. I drive it like I stole it, the front fenders are still straight, no rattles and the car handles just fine.

If I were doing it, I would have found the correct stub frame, but it wasn't my car back then... and it's not worth changing it now.
Thanks for the quick reply, the one I'm eyeballing is out of a 71 Monaco 4 door, luckily it's close by.

Back