C-Body Holy Grail Restoration Starts Here; 1970 6BBL GT

91C5D60C-52F9-41E9-84B0-6EFC9BB16CE0.jpeg
FEC30807-A5D5-4718-9893-AEE0E9CFFFCF.jpeg
91B5F654-7F6A-4C2A-989B-E34D4C0680AB.jpeg
3672BC61-14D1-4F12-B80C-08DE1EE7DDEB.jpeg
5 W21 Painted “Road Wheels”

The best part;
date coded 8-1969, perfect for the 6BBL.

Even better,....the date code is visible only with tires off the rims!

Very very nice Trev. Can't wait to see them on the car. I have a lot of respect for you tackling this very rare project, (and owning the 300 H convertible too)! I'm sure it's gonna be a keeper when it's done. Can't wait to see more.

Trev, I LOVE the way you're taking this car. I truly respect the efforts as monumental undertakings .

Thank you for the appreciation.

I’m just trying my best to “do it” (the car) right. Doing that takes a lot of time, resources and paitence.

I sincerely appreciate all of your guys encouragement.

I’ve had help from many people supplying small parts, advise and knowledge, it’s really not a “ one man show”. So thanks for everyone’s encouragement.

It will be done “right”!

Last edited:
Very very nice Trev. Can't wait to see them on the car. I have a lot of respect for you tackling this very rare project, (and owning the 300 H convertible too)! I'm sure it's gonna be a keeper when it's done. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks so much for the kind words!

I'm "dead" serious when I say I have a lot of respect for you owning the 300 convertible. Only one person can say that, you! Obviously I also respect you a lot for restoring your 6bbl GT and using all date coded parts. Only a handful of people can say they have one of these cars and it's being restored the right way. Are you planning on Carlisle in 2020 by chance too Trev? I remember meeting you there in 2016 when you had the 300 convertible in building y. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Agree, some cars are so special they deserve nothing but the best, lucky this car found the right home. Looking forward to seeing this ride come together.

I'm "dead" serious when I say I have a lot of respect for you owning the 300 convertible. Only one person can say that, you! Obviously I also respect you a lot for restoring your 6bbl GT and using all date coded parts. Only a handful of people can say they have one of these cars and it's being restored the right way. Are you planning on Carlisle in 2020 by chance too Trev? I remember meeting you there in 2016 when you had the 300 convertible in building y. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it. I pinch my self every time I see both cars; they are special pieces of automotive history.

I’m going to try and make Carslile ‘20 hopefully with a customers restored 71 GT.

Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it. I pinch my self every time I see both cars; they are special pieces of automotive history.

I’m going to try and make Carlsile ‘20 hopefully with a customers restored 71 GT.

It will be great to see you there!

I bet your wallet is still crying...........

Yep...the wallet is still in the Emergency Room.

Working NOS solenoids are difficult to find in the original box, and in guaranteed working condition.

The reproductions are absolute junk and do not work.

Back