C-Body Holy Grail Restoration Starts Here; 1970 6BBL GT

Sorry my mistake, it is the yellow one that is missing the tag. From Hemmings:
Hemmings Find of the Day – 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT | Hemmings Daily

"This is the factory Y28 public relations promo-show car-magazine test car (May 70 issue Road Test magazine). PH23VOD105485, Bucket seats (power), console A/T, power windows, brougham package (only 1 known), has number’s matching trans still, P/S , disk brakes, Sure Grip, missing orig fender tag (has broadcast sheets), no engine, car is yellow with black int and black strobe stripes, still wearing whats left of its original paint and is 1 of 7 known real V codes, (there is 11 vins known)…,now the bad, car needs total restoration!… car is very rusty … probably the only V code fury GT in this color combo.. ..this is a big project ,but once restored will be the only one on the planet like it..so if you are seeking a car that is so elusive most dont even know of their existance this may be for you. Includes 1 rust free parts car roller"

This was totally missed by everyone... :bored:
Fury Pursuit said:
It was too rusty.

I have a #'s matching 70 GT, minus front end for sale if anyone is interested [/QUOTE]

I think I am missing something - Stan, what is the implication of this last part of your note regarding what Fury Pursuit said? How is Fury Pursuit involved in Sea Body Restorations, if you know?

I am amazed that this car was not swept up right away even at the asking price, if I had the funds I wouldn't have thought twice about it. I think that these 6bbl GT's are so interesting and are what I would consider the only C Bodies built to be a true muscle car, even the Hurst was pretty much an appearance package with a U code engine.

Very interested in seeing the progress on this one.

So you would have spent the original 60000 asking price? I guess if you have it you don't care

Dan still has the yellow Y28 car for sale, it was on Ebay recently. Not a restoration for the faint of heart. Sat outside in Ketchikan Alaska for years. They get twice the yearly rain Seattle does.

Dan still has the yellow Y28 car for sale, it was on Ebay recently. Not a restoration for the faint of heart. Sat outside in Ketchikan Alaska for years. They get twice the yearly rain Seattle does.

Is this one or was it the black one that was in the weeds in what looked to be a junk yard?

So how is the metal in the back of the car? I had never thought that car looked too far gone to do. The front end stuff is easy. Cool car and should be done so I am glad it is getting saved. Just curious how much did Dan finally come down on the car? I had talked to him a few times when he was still thinking it was worth more than an E body V code project.
Thanks for the support. The rear of the car is okay. I'm happy with it. The frame rails are solid, the quarters are solid; they need small patching on the bottom, which is typical. And the rockers are solid too, big bonus! The car cost some money, but not "stupid money".

Isn't there supposed to be a couple of these left? I only ever see this one. I would Love to see a picture of one with the original engine in tact.
There are approximately 8 known to exist, probably 3 with original drive trains.

This will be a great looking build, but when it's done, how much of the original car will be left? From what I remember it didn't even have the fender tag. Even so, I think this is a worthy cause to give the car the respect it deserves.

Fury Pursuit, will you attempt to contact the original owner, or is he long gone?
I have already had a few conservations with Rod, the original owner. He's a very nice guy, a true car enthusiast. I have the original fender tag!!!

Dan should get the credit for finding them and dragging them home.
Dan does get credit for helping save these cars! He didn't really "find" the car. It was well known n small circles back in the late 1990's. I almost bought it from Frank Mitchel before Dan did. Intact I mentioned the car to Dan a local car show, and he then bought it. At the time I was holding out to find a numbers matching car, I did, but couldn't afford it at $40K in 2001. So we are saving this car,..I'm happy.

would like to see pics of the 2 0r 3 with orriginall drive trains....all lve ever seen is the cars Dan had....never seen any of the others here or the net...they must be keepin pretty low profile

Wasn,t there a blue one in restoration at the moment ? ( eastcoast if i,m correct ).

Back