C-Body Holy Grail Restoration Starts Here; 1970 6BBL GT

Sheet metal mock-up...original date coded fender and hood from 2/23 and GT respectively. I’m going to try and save the passenger door….we’ll see. Hopefully, the only replacement bolt on sheet metal will be the passenger fender and the hood.

85F1366B-3181-413A-BEFB-179F6A84D3B6.jpeg

Last edited:
Right? I'm still looking for the date code on the stub frame, if it's there I couldn't find it.
Keep looking it’s there!

But often it was stamped lightly and midwestern & east coast rust obliterates the stampings.

I’m a date code nerd!

Last edited:
I'm amazed by your ability to find date correct parts for such a low production car.
Thanks for the compliment.

It takes a lot hours of research and hunting. I’ve had a lot of help from people in the hobby & on FCBO that have been very helpful along the way.

So thank you all..you know who you are!

Last edited:
Thanks!

I hope so.. I plan on driving the car a lot so it won’t be a trailered unless I have to.

Hello. Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but is that a real 1969 Daytona or a clone? I've been looking for one. Thanks!

Hello. Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but is that a real 1969 Daytona or a clone? I've been looking for one. Thanks!

It literally states what the car is in the title to the thread...C-body - 1970 440/6bbl GT, or if you need it broken down further then a 1970 Sport Fury GT with a factory V-code 440/6bbl motor....No mention of a Daytona anywhere. :rolleyes:

Thanks. I do understand that. But, the pictures he posted of 1970 only dip stick tube was taken on the trunk of a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona. That's why I was asking.

It literally states what the car is in the title to the thread...C-body - 1970 440/6bbl GT, or if you need it broken down further then a 1970 Sport Fury GT with a factory V-code 440/6bbl motor....No mention of a Daytona anywhere. :rolleyes:
LOL, that's all I saw too, a Daytona!

What exactly is the difference between a '70 tube & other years? And is there a difference between HP & non HP engines?

Thanks. I do understand that. But, the pictures he posted of 1970 only dip stick tube was taken on the trunk of a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona. That's why I was asking.

It was! Good eyes there..the Daytona isn’t mine, but I’ve got dibs on it if it’s available! ;)

Back