Calling for a Pow wow from the Best and the Brightest - Overheating.

I hate myself and it does no good when I bite someone's head off like that. I'll pay for it eventually. And I keep Gary in the back of my mind with his finger on the "BAN" button. The restraint he extends to me sometimes is amazing.
bow.gif

Last edited:
I hate myself and it does no good when I bite someone's head off like that. I'll pay for it eventually. And I keep Gary in the back of my mind with his finger on the "BAN" button. The restraint he extends to me sometimes is amazing.
bow.gif

C'mon Stan. I love your posts.You tell it like it is. I do the same thing at work. We had a all hands meeting and the plant manager, DICK, asked if there where questions. No one spoke up, so I did. He went on about how no questions would be retributive against that person, bull ****. I gave him plenty of examples when he wrote on my evaluation." needs communication skills. The plant manager didn't like that, and he told me to go to my supervisor with questions. I told him I did, phone calls, emails, I never heard back on anything. Anyway, everyone thought I would get fired, so did I. Guess what, I finally got a call from my supervisor for a talk. It worked out okay. One week later our plant manager was let go. I was the man with the big balls for awhile. So, yes I speak my mind.

I hope it goes well for you, Stan.

You could have just dropped the fuckin thermostat in a pot of water & we would have all shut up.

I have always looked at troubleshooting this way.

1. Did I recently do work?
Yes,

2. How could that work cause a problem?

Before I go ripping things apart I might look over what I did first.

If I did not touch something the odds are minimal that it is the problem.

I hate doing work twice, I hate doing something that wasn’t needed even more.

Alan

Stan,

after you fixed it you could reinstall the original radiator.
It was fine before so there is no need for the ugly aluminim version anymore.

Carsten

But now that it's in, I like it.
You'll never buy the car so you don't have to fret over it although I do understand the cringe factor in a lot of people (me as well) when something is not OEM :D. I'll eat this one.

Last edited:
FWIW, A copper gasket is a very good choice and does have a lot of advantages. Head transfer and ability to take some high cylinder pressures are just a couple. Lot's of guys use them in boat engines as a matter of course. You can reuse the gasket too, but I believe that they have to be annealed after a few uses. Of course most copper gaskets require the block to be o ringed, but there are copper gaskets available that you don't need to O ring the block.

I did some research on this a number of years ago for a friend's project that never went too far (long story).

Thanks, Matt. I am having fun already :D !!!!!!

Freaking Geedee rear compressor bracket bolt!!!!!!!!!!!Arghhhhhhhhhhh
And I'll know which way it goes back on now too. LOL

With all the other F'ing brackets and bolts holding that compressor on....I left THAT BOLT out. I'm keeping it right next to the wiper cam. LOL!

:BangHead:

To answer your question, I went back to the summit site to give you the link to the gaskets I used.

That's when I noticed this:

Excuse me B&B. Thank you all for your help.
It's 5:00 Happy Hour and tonight I am not stopping at two beers.
I'm getting drunk.

You are totally hung up on this thermostat thing like a starving pitbull holding on to a piece of raw meat.
OK. We already have learned that in over 17,000 posts you have yet to be wrong.
When it turns out it wasn't the the thermostat, you will still be able to say: "I never said it WAS the thermostat" and I can say: "I told you it was NOT the thermostat".
You should be selling overpriced cars. It's getting personal now, Dave.
At least I have the balls to eat **** in front of everybody. It's not in your character to be able to do that. Lets sit around the cracker barrel and talk cars and stuff. Not who has the biggest dick. We are exactly alike in one sense: We put out there what we're thinking and everybody else can take it or leave it.
Back to the real issue: I put in the wrong head gaskets.
\

Actually Stan, this is where I was certain YOU knew where the problem was...... You need to lighten up, I dont know why you feel it should be personal...Obviously, you know nothing about me ....:poke: thats all it was :VB toast:

But now that it's in, I like it.
You'll never buy the car so you don't have to fret over it although I do understand the cringe factor in a lot of people (me as well) when something is not OEM :D. I'll eat this one.

Great.....my NYB is far from OEM too! LOL!

So is it done again???

I'm sure you were able to compare the gaskets, was there any difference besides the o-rings?

Nothing better than a breaking a little sweat while working on a C-Body.

That is my true bulletproof stress relief.

Be sure to change oil after warm up with the coolant running right past gaskets glycol and bearings don't mix.

Those look totally different!

Back