Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

I hope you are yanking my chain Dave. You don't know who Butch Leal is? He raced the 1975 California Flash Duster that was recently restored. Christy Lee is or was the spokesperson for Dodge. Look on the Carlisle website it will give you more info.

Nope, neither name is familiar..

Nope, neither name is familiar..

Here is some information on both Christy and Butch from the Carlisle website.

Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

This is Mr. Leal and his Duster
20200304_204107.jpeg
20200304_203754.jpeg

Butch was technically a Super stock drag racer like Sox & Martin, and Dick Landy. According to the MCG article I have, it says when Butch first started drag racing he was noticed by Mickey Thompson and Mickey offered Butch a job at his machine shop. Butch drag raced s/s from '65-69 then went to Ford, and switched to Ford because he was extremely loyal to Mickey and Mickey had a deal with Ford. then went back to Mopar in '72. Butch originally built a "red" and white '65 HEMI Super Stocker A/FX (which I believe is below)
11426495114_f20153a11a_b.jpg
3493209532_f418b3965e_z.jpg

If anyone wants to add anything please do.

OK, I had to look up the girl... But Butch Leal?? C'mon... Raced factory Super Stocks and then made the transition into altered wheelbase funny cars back when they first started out.

OK, I had to look up the girl... But Butch Leal?? C'mon... Raced factory Super Stocks and then made the transition into altered wheelbase funny cars back when they first started out.

In the 70s I was watching Tractor drags . In the 80s I was watching girls, in the 90s I was watching kids, I lost the 2000s decade and now i watch my weight....wtf?

Back