Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

FCBO photo where everyone is wearing a mask would be pretty funny.

A simple wave is a decent greeting, just make sure all your fingers are up. In some parts of the country they’d shoot you if you did that toe kick thing, especially in the men’s room.

You can't catch a virus through your hands... Stick your finger up your nose after shaking hands with someone with the virus that sneezed into their's... Yea, good chance.

Carlisle is in Cumberland County which by the PA Dept of Health website only shows 134 cases but if you look to the East you will understand the concern.

Two important events that happened yesterday:

1 Wolf is expected to veto a house and senate passed bill that would have let businesses open that followed CDC guidelines.
Gov. Wolf to veto bill allowing businesses to reopen amid COVID-19 pandemic

2 Wolf has ordered all businesses that allow customers into the store to require staff and customers to wear face masks.
All Pa. businesses must require employees and customers to wear masks amid coronavirus pandemic

Retaliation by a Democratic Governor against President Trump's inference that he could force the states to allow businesses to open????

In any case, it doesn't fare well for Chrysler's at Carlisle being in early to mid July anyway.....
Coronavirus in Pennsylvania

upload_2020-4-16_13-24-31.png

I believe handshakes might be something that fades in to history. It will difficult for me to break that habit.....

I'm surprised that there hasnt been more new ideas of greeting methods being presented to replace the handshake.

I never was a big fan of hand shaking, for obvious reasons. I never offer my hand and only reluctantly accept one. I think that will end for me. I don't even touch door "pull to open" handles with my bare hands.

I remember meeting Lee Iococca once and did not offer a hand. He began to offer his to me but caught the drift right away and pulled it back. He did not take it as an offence and we had a good conversation. About cars, of course.

Hand shakes are going to be really hard for Dad. He's done it his entire life. He's done good with distancing so far. Luckily Dad has a big voice, so when he's talking, you can be 6' away and still hear him lol

I believe handshakes might be something that fades in to history. It will difficult for me to break that habit....

Never know. In my opinion I agree with you here, it will be difficult for me to break the habit too as I do the same when meeting someone new. Honestly I think that handshakes are the respectful and original way for people to introduce themselves especially to new people.

Never know. In my opinion I agree with you here, it will be difficult for me to break the habit too as I do the same when meeting someone new. Honestly I think that handshakes are the respectful and original way for people to introduce themselves especially to new people.

And someone you haven't seen in a long time! Very hard not to, or lean in for the bro hug.

Hate to leave the dead fish hanging out there ala N P :rofl:

I've always shook hands. Never cared for the bro hug though... My wife's family are all huggers. Don't mind the women folk so much, but I try to hang back when the guys start hugging. My stepson's girl friend is like that too... She and I hang back and shake hands as a way of being defiant to the rest.

I've always shook hands. Never cared for the bro hug though... My wife's family are all huggers. Don't mind the women folk so much, but I try to hang back when the guys start hugging. My stepson's girl friend is like that too... She and I hang back and shake hands as a way of being defiant to the rest.

I'm the same way. It's gonna be hard to give up shaking hands. Another thing: A handshake is much more than just another way to say welcome and hello. It is (and has always been) the way a man gives his word to another man. Among some. it has the same weight as that associated with a signature on a contract. Gonna be hard to purchase a C-Body and not shake hands when closing the deal. . .

The talking heads are bringing up , more lately, the subject of a "canceled summer". The economy is not going to just "open for business" all at once. Small business will be the first to reopen with restaurants the priority. The large venue gatherings, such as Carlisle, will be last on the list until confidence that the virus is more controlled can be obtained. And as Bill Maher says, there will be NEW RULES.
$1200 of "free money" is already gone... the more genius crowd all are buying TVs or whatever to amuse themselves while this goes on (**** subscriptions???). PA doesn't impress me as being capable of sustaining a shut down without Fed $$, but honestly I just can't tolerate watching news or even commercial TV. The radio station I do listen to keeps the new down to 30 seconds, so they don't have too much time to piss me off.
I believe handshakes might be something that fades in to history. It will difficult for me to break that habit.....

I'm surprised that there hasnt been more new ideas of greeting methods being presented to replace the handshake.
I shake hands for a living... well used to...

IDK what will become of it, but it will not change for the better. Want to lose a lot of respect in hurry? Give someone a left hander.

The NJ state bird has always been a goto, but has a limited audience who fully appreciates it... I've been experimenting with the princes wave...
I never was a big fan of hand shaking, for obvious reasons. I never offer my hand and only reluctantly accept one. I think that will end for me. I don't even touch door "pull to open" handles with my bare hands.

I remember meeting Lee Iococca once and did not offer a hand. He began to offer his to me but caught the drift right away and pulled it back. He did not take it as an offence and we had a good conversation. About cars, of course.
I've never had a problem with someone who was reluctant to shake hands, usually they say something like "I don't shake hands". Little defiant idiots who fold their arms and try to convey contempt is another issue... I figure they're at least another asskicking away from adulthood, and likely with need a few booster asskickings to help it really set.
I'm the same way. It's gonna be hard to give up shaking hands. Another thing: A handshake is much more than just another way to say welcome and hello. It is (and has always been) the way a man gives his word to another man. Among some. it has the same weight as that associated with a signature on a contract. Gonna be hard to purchase a C-Body and not shake hands when closing the deal. . .
A lot of positive mean for a lot of folks... all boils down to a show of respect... Not the only way possible, but I agree, it'll be a hard habit to break.
Enough beer you might get that too.:thumbsup:
Wouldn't be the first time that was used as a greeting, but a lousy way to seal a deal...

I found the car for Mario, if the show still has a green light, different times call for different measures.

insane-modded-altered-cars-automobiles8.jpg

$1200 of "free money" is already gone... the more genius crowd all are buying TVs or whatever to amuse themselves while this goes on (**** subscriptions???). PA doesn't impress me as being capable of sustaining a shut down without Fed $$, but honestly I just can't tolerate watching news or even commercial TV. The radio station I do listen to keeps the new down to 30 seconds, so they don't have too much time to piss me off.

I shake hands for a living... well used to...

IDK what will become of it, but it will not change for the better. Want to lose a lot of respect in hurry? Give someone a left hander.

The NJ state bird has always been a goto, but has a limited audience who fully appreciates it... I've been experimenting with the princes wave...

I've never had a problem with someone who was reluctant to shake hands, usually they say something like "I don't shake hands". Little defiant idiots who fold their arms and try to convey contempt is another issue... I figure they're at least another asskicking away from adulthood, and likely with need a few booster asskickings to help it really set.

A lot of positive mean for a lot of folks... all boils down to a show of respect... Not the only way possible, but I agree, it'll be a hard habit to break.

Wouldn't be the first time that was used as a greeting, but a lousy way to seal a deal...

A bit more cynical and angry than usual today Jeff..... You sound a little like Dave. I suggest a few "puff's" on the pipe and a bit less alcohol.
You'll feel better. :poke:

Back