Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

Just a subtle plea to all those bringing a car to show. Please display your car with the hood and deck lid closed. I know a lot of you are very proud of the detail work done under the hood, but, this is a car show, not an engine show.
The design of our cars is the draw and displaying with panels open does nothing for appeal. I know of at least three of us here who have left with a first place in C body's and never opened the hood. Ever been to a concourse event? All closed panels.

Open panels are not camera friendly either. I am always happy to open my hood for anyone who asks, but engine compartments and trunks aren't part of the judging process and mine stay closed. Of course this is JMHO.

Just a subtle plea to all those bringing a car to show. Please display your car with the hood and deck lid closed. I know a lot of you are very proud of the detail work done under the hood, but, this is a car show, not an engine show.
The design of our cars is the draw and displaying with panels open does nothing for appeal. I know of at least three of us here who have left with a first place in C body's and never opened the hood. Ever been to a concourse event? All closed panels.

Open panels are not camera friendly either. I am always happy to open my hood for anyone who asks, but engine compartments and trunks aren't part of the judging process and mine stay closed. Of course this is JMHO.
Amen to that Will, drives me insane.:BangHead:

Thank you for sharing your opinion, but I don’t agree. Do you also leave the top up on a ‘vert?

Show me one design board rendering, clay mock-up, dealer brochure(at least on all but the last page) where the hood is open.

Is it ok if I put my pinewood derby car on the dash then?
:elmer:

I need a new wheel and some body work.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Who are you ? The Hood Police ?!? :poke:

Show me one design board rendering, clay mock-up, dealer brochure(at least on all but the last page) where the hood is open.
Here’s one:

https://vintagecarbrochures.com/col...maso-mangusta-brochure?variant=12960829341740

Brochures aren’t what I am interested in when I go to a car show. I am interested in the artistic talent and expressionism that the owner has brought. I also enjoy Concourse de Elegance shows, like Pebble Beach’s show.
So you and I have different interests in what we look for at a car show.

I remember going to a Fabulous Fords Forever show and looking at 64.5-66 Mustang to get an idea of how the power steering pumps mounted in various configurations (and cars without power steering, but with AC). It gave me an idea as to what I could do and look to procure for my Mustang.

So, we all have different interests in these events, and I believe that’s a good thing...

Big Yawn on the Big Yawn.... Seen one engine on a C-Body and you've seen them all. Like Will says, if someone asks, show it to them.

There is nothing more gorgeous than the design of our cars with the hoods down.

One of the very few engines that impresses me is the long rams on the '60 300's. I love looking at that engineering marvel. Other than that..... meh.

I'm torn in the middle.
I love fender tags and decoding fender tags.
Like to take a good pic and decode the tag later.
But I do like the hoods down so you can see the car for what it is.

My long running joke has been:
“Where ever two or more shall gather, pop the hood, bring out the lawn chairs. Car Show!
Doesn’t matter where. Broke down on the side of the turnpike, gas station, hotel lot or the D.Q.

computer-icons-no-symbol-clip-art-png-favpng-vrBk6Q6SDHu3TMwkxyTKNABC8.jpg

Toy models
Hoods, trunk lids, doors open
Drive-in trays with plastic cheeseburgers
Fuzzy dice
Wide whites
60's music blaring
Stuffed dolls
Billboards
Repro window stickers
LED anything on.
Custom cashmere Floor mats with monograms
Spending the entire day at the show detailing the car.
Plastic trophies
Middle aged Metric owners who display their cars only trying to be accepted by the cool guys who are cool because they have a Metric. The truth is.. They are exactly like Corvette guys. AMWIK.

Back