Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

Let’s hope the next pandemic skips a year and we can do this in 2021.
Jeff, please take care and get well. You already know how I feel about smoking, you should only do it when you’re on fire.:icon_fU:

You would have to stay in Carlisle for 14 days...
:lol:
Then I would be stuck in my room and miss the show
shruggy.gif

I'm still at the mercy of the border closure.
Something must have changed over the weekend.
Border crossings into Canada really blew up today. The semi traffic was backed up across the Blue Water Bridge heading into Sarnia.

Something must have changed over the weekend.
Border crossings into Canada really blew up today. The semi traffic was backed up across the Blue Water Bridge heading into Sarnia.
Not that I've heard. I'll be affected by the border situation as well, so I've been following any developments.

Currently the border is closed to non-essential traffic until June 21. There has been talk of easing restrictions for people that have immediate family on the other side of the border first.

If the border is opened but people crossing are supposed to self-quarantine for 14 days, there's still no point in going. I expect I'll probably be cancelling my motel reservation and have to eat the cost of the ticket if they don't cancel the show or let me roll it over to 2021.

Not that I've heard. I'll be affected by the border situation as well, so I've been following any developments.

Currently the border is closed to non-essential traffic until June 21. There has been talk of easing restrictions for people that have immediate family on the other side of the border first.

If the border is opened but people crossing are supposed to self-quarantine for 14 days, there's still no point in going. I expect I'll probably be cancelling my motel reservation and have to eat the cost of the ticket if they don't cancel the show or let me roll it over to 2021.

That 14 day quarantine is pretty much bullshit at this point. If you pay attention to physical distances and keep your hands clean, your odds of contacting in the US or Canada for that matter are no worse than your local Walmart or grocery store.

Don't believe it? Check for stats on spikes among cross border truck drivers. Nobody I've asked in my travels is aware of ANY cases. That doesn't mean there aren't any but if there were any significant number and the hype would lead you to believe there should be thousands given you're supposed to hide under your bed for 2 weeks on return, you would think there would at least be some token acknowledgement of the increase amongst that demographic.

Kevin

Most of you may already know, but just for my own knowledge to confirm I called the Carlisle desk and, to date, the Chrysler nationals are still on for the original date in July. A few other shows have had some day changes, but for now we’re still on.

Most of you may already know, but just for my own knowledge to confirm I called the Carlisle desk and, to date, the Chrysler nationals are still on for the original date in July. A few other shows have had some day changes, but for now we’re still on.

CELEBRATION.gif

FWIW, they cancelled the Syracuse Nationals that was scheduled the weekend after Carlisle. That is a huge event, over 8000 cars and 90,000 spectators. It's aimed at the street rod crowd with a cutoff of 30 years and older for show cars.

I'll believe that Carlisle happens when the cars roll through the gates.

I haven't made up my mind if I'm going or not.

I would be surprised if it didn't happen, even in a limited capacity. Might just be the local crowd. Waiting to make the decision is irresponsible by Carlisle Events, especially since people have to plan ahead for the most part. I think the real test will be if the June 17 Spring event stands as advertised. I'm down to making a day trip out of it, the main attraction of our hotel (bar and restaurant) is only take-out, so it won't be a weekend thing for us.

Back