Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

Most of you may already know, but just for my own knowledge to confirm I called the Carlisle desk and, to date, the Chrysler nationals are still on for the original date in July. A few other shows have had some day changes, but for now we’re still on.

I'm still believing its gonna happen.

The show is indeed still on, read the post with the 2020 featured stickers from May 29th

Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

I am just throwing this out there, but may I suggest revising the Attendees List when we have a final tally of who is and who is not going when it gets closer to show time?. :poke:

There will be another spike in covid-19 cases next month. Statistically it is more likely than not.
Life turns on a dime.
I won't commit to anything longer than a day ahead from now on.

There will be another spike in covid-19 cases next month. Statistically it is more likely than not.
Life turns on a dime.
I won't commit to anything longer than a day ahead from now on.

Sure there will be, guaranteed!

Heck. If the fairgrounds aren’t open just hold a series of shows at the different hotels we all have reservations at. Oh, and keep the hoods closed.:rolleyes:

Everyone that is attending needs to check your reservations. Several of the hotels in the area show to be currently closed or working at a reduced occupancy rates.

Also, the state of PA extended the Corona Disaster Declaration for another 90 days as of today. As much as Carlisle Events and the supporters want the show to go on, I just do not see how they can go against the state mandates of no social events larger than 250 people, even those areas that have achieved the "Green Status."

Thank you everyone, and apologies if I skipped you, I tried to reply to everyone... Soo... I'm not dying... and if I do, I'm good with that as in I'm living the closest I can to my version of the best I can can do. I'm not Baker Act material, I have lots to do with this life still, but I'm not very interested in living in fear of death.

I don't mean to turn this into a different thread, but Kevin @twostick , if you have more to share I'm interested. PM or open forum makes no difference to me. So far, I had the most discussion about when I might be released for work, I missed an opportunity due to this for a return in another job position... that sucked a little, but unemployment probably beats short term disability... if I was even out long enough to see any. My doc was adamant that with a stent, I would have 4 weeks out of work... I don't think he understands just how much more likely I am to overdo things at home than at the office.

If the stars align, I may still make it to Carlisle. At this point, it seems like too many date will be converging at once... layoff over, cleared to return to work and Carlisle... but if there is a gap, I'll be there to drink one of Dave's beers and the other Dave's waters... I know which location to expect which.:lol:

Wow, Jeff, wishing you the best for your health! That puts you in the high risk category right there, stay safe and healthy and we will see you in 2021. Oh, and stop smoking, for craps sake!

:poke:
Jeff: Very sorry to hear about your health challenge. I hope a stent or two takes care of it. If you don't make it to Carlisle, maybe I'll see you in November at the Garlits / Horse Park meet.

And yes. . . Quit smoking! :poke:
I must have missed a chapter...

If it's a cardiac stent you're talking about and there isn't a heart attack involved, the only recovery there is to deal with is post procedure to make sure the hole they poked in you for the catheter doesn't spring a leak, and take it easy for a few days, ie no heavy lifting etc to make sure the stent stays anchored.

If they go in through your groin, it's several hours before they let you out of recovery because it's the femoral artery they go in and you need to be certain it's not going to spring a leak.

If they can go through your wrist I think the last angiogram I had was about an hour post. Basically put a bandaid on it and check it for leaks and send you home.

I had 2 stents put in when I had my heart attack and I think from the time I arrived in the ambulance until they wheeled me to recovery was maybe 30 minutes and I felt like I could have ran home compared to when I arrived.

Kevin
Jeff,
Take care of yourself.
Best plan, get well soon, stop smoking, just be like me too cheap, to spend that much, to take so long to kill myself.
This is a real bummer Jeff. I hope everything goes good with the stent. They pretty much have these nailed down.

A 50ish heavy set body guy, customer of mine, had one put in. This guy is no picture of health. He was back at it in two weeks! Said he felt better than ever!

Sammie seems her love and best wishes and of course our prayers for a great recovery.

Keep us posted! Hang in there kid!:thumbsup:
Hoping you have a speedy recovery, get well soon.
Sorry to hear this Jeff.
It’s amazing what they can do these days.
And yer young enough recovery should be speedy.
I wish you good luck jeff.
Hope you will recover soon.

best wishes from germany

Carsten
Let’s hope the next pandemic skips a year and we can do this in 2021.
Jeff, please take care and get well. You already know how I feel about smoking, you should only do it when you’re on fire.:icon_fU:
Get well Jeff.. it’s ain't Carlise without ya.. :(

And now it can be told...

View attachment 380427

View attachment 380428

View attachment 380429

I never should have said it would take would a world pandemic to stop me.
:lol: I was almost as close to doing that two years ago at your Florida Garlits gig. I was working with Jeff on plans to come down. I was too close to game time I guess and financially it didn't make sense with flight, motel and Car rental . :thumbsup:
I asked him not to say anything ..i guess he can be trusted big time!
You guys suck at keeping a secret :icon_fU::poke::rolleyes:

Local authorities are trying to override the state. That town survives off these shows. I expect they'll see how spring Carlisle goes in 2 weeks. If that event goes bad, the state may force them to shut down.

It is what it is.
I did my part in keeping the secret. :rolleyes:
I hate its not happening. It would have been the highlite of the show for me.
And me too and I didn't rat you out either Commando. So letz look at 2021 'cuz we already have the rain check from the Air Linez. 'Least us that didn't insure the frickin' flight, Jer

Back