Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

Local authorities are trying to override the state. That town survives off these shows. I expect they'll see how spring Carlisle goes in 2 weeks. If that event goes bad, the state may force them to shut down.
'bout time some of these interests started telling state authorities to go screw. ad "George Floyd" to the event name. states don't seem to have any problem with those.

I read that the fall swap meet in Hershey, PA was just cancelled, and it's held in October. The organizers cited the restrictions on large gatherings which the organizers expect to still be in effect at that time.

I haven't cancelled my Carlisle hotel reservation yet, but I've resigned myself to the fact that I won't be going this year after all.

I read that the fall swap meet in Hershey, PA was just cancelled, and it's held in October. The organizers cited the restrictions on large gatherings which the organizers expect to still be in effect at that time.

I haven't cancelled my Carlisle hotel reservation yet, but I've resigned myself to the fact that I won't be going this year after all.

I'm hoping I can still get into Ontario without a quarantine next month. As it is, I have to drive through Manitoba with the minimum amount of stops necessary (gas and relief only).

FYI...if you are still planning on attending, it would be to your benefit to review your hotel reservations. I just rebooked my room at the Homewood Suites for a reduction of around $85/night. Lots of rooms and availability. Still don't know if I'm going, but I now have a lower room rate locked in.

Last edited:
Of course. I finally get things in line to go, get a good rate on my room, gas prices reasonable...hopefully things will work out next year. Still not cancelling the room until it's official though.

There's hope yet, Peter.

I just came upon this, this morning.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-travel-restrictions-covid-19-land-border-fly-1.5607741

The article says the border is only closed to non essential land and water crossings. Apparently air travel is still and always was good to go.

It goes on to say you should book your tickets on line instead of over the phone as most agents are unaware of it and won't sell you a ticket.

Kevin

Me too...

0713170410a1.jpg

There's hope yet, Peter.

I just came upon this, this morning.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-travel-restrictions-covid-19-land-border-fly-1.5607741

The article says the border is only closed to non essential land and water crossings. Apparently air travel is still and always was good to go.

It goes on to say you should book your tickets on line instead of over the phone as most agents are unaware of it and won't sell you a ticket.

Kevin
I don't think there will be a flight in my plans. Might still make Ontario though.

I received my gate passes for my Chrysler Carlisle vendor spaces in todays mail..... Could be a sign.
I'm not attending so if anyone needs spaces, Up to three, in row P Let me know. I'll discount them to $80.00 each. 10X28 feet each. Includes a vehicle pass and two people for the entire event. I normally get there the Tuesday before.
Spaces adjoin with Jeff, (cantflip).

Last edited:
It's too bad only one vehicle pass comes with the 3 lots. I'd love to split that cost with someone so I had inside parking. I have lots of parts to buy on my list. Since I'm driving 28 hours or more to get there with a few friends I won't have a lot of space for parts for sale. Still considering it though. I"m surprised they have not sold since your last offering of the 3 spots.

Back