Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

Pennsylvania becomes latest state to mandate face masks in public.
by Zachary Halaschak, Breaking News Reporter | | July 01, 2020 05:40 PM
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf has ordered that everyone in the state must wear face coverings in public. The Wednesday order builds off his previous mandate to wear face coverings while inside of businesses.

if ny imposes the 14 day quaratine on pa has i think they will, i cant go or a i get 2 weeks off unpaid when i get back

What a ridiculously stupid rule!

SO, how does this get enforced ?

I didn't make the photo last year as I was busy selling parts.

I could not make the picture either as I was helping Bill at his tent, and also running around like a crazy person going here and there all weekend. I actually did not even really have time to enjoy the show last year. I will definitely try and be there for the photo this year though

I clearly do not remember (apologies), and I possibly missed it here, but I read all 49 pages today to get a feel for what's going on with "us". It's hard to link the name (and faces) with the CBod handle. But believe me, I have looked all over the place for anyone's name (and yours, too!)

No need to apologize Trace, I fully understand as I tend to forget names too sometimes. Sorry I snapped at ya by the way, it is hard to forget everyone's name to go along with the handles here as you said. I seriously hope you bring your Hurst next year, I personally would love to see it as I only see pictures of it here and it looks pristine and since I am also a big and passionate fan and enthusiast of these cars.

Pennsylvania becomes latest state to mandate face masks in public.
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf has ordered that everyone in the state must wear face coverings in public. The Wednesday order builds off his previous mandate to wear face coverings while inside of businesses.

I understand that the mask is for safety, but that is honestly ridiculous to wear it in public. So does that mean we gotta wear it the whole weekend while we are in Carlisle? I don't think I'm even gonna look at the article as my blood pressure will go up.

I was told yesterday that Idaho is on the list of Quarantine states. IF I land at the Philly Airport from a Quarantine state I must quarantine for 14 days .......!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I'll jump right on that...

These clowns have lost touch with reality. :realcrazy:

I DO NOT want to wear a mask at all as I cannot stand wearing one, but I most likely will as I wear one constantly at work out in the sun all day anyway so it does not really bother me.

I understand that the mask is for safety, but that is honestly ridiculous to wear it in public. So does that mean we gotta wear it the whole weekend while we are in Carlisle? I don't think I'm even gonna look at the article as my blood pressure will go up.

It's time for a different perspective on the mask issue.

I HATE wearing a mask but I'd like folks to understand my perspective. My wife has a very compromised immune system (so she's not going for the first time in 25+ years). I am a Type II diabetic, have respiratory issues and a weak immune system so it would be VERY bad if I caught COVID 19 or brought it home to my wife. I'm not going to wear a mask all the time because it restricts airflow to my already inadequate respiratory system but God help anyone who is not wearing a mask and is sick, coughing or sneezing close to me.

This entire thing sucks and I am all for our freedom to do what we want but if no one is going to wear a mask when they are in a close group of people maybe I should just stay home as I'm not ready to die yet. I'm expecting a significant reduction in the attendance and will try to avoid crowds of people I don't know. However, if we all act like the teenagers and 20 somethings and act like everything is back to normal then many of us who are 50+ are going to end up in the hospital or worse.

Just my 2 cents.

my employer will enforce it because its a lobor department requirement and if dont tell them and they find out i will be terminated

It's time for a different perspective on the mask issue.

I HATE wearing a mask but I'd like folks to understand my perspective. My wife has a very compromised immune system (so she's not going for the first time in 25+ years). I am a Type II diabetic, have respiratory issues and a weak immune system so it would be VERY bad if I caught COVID 19 or brought it home to my wife. I'm not going to wear a mask all the time because it restricts airflow to my already inadequate respiratory system but God help anyone who is not wearing a mask and is sick, coughing or sneezing close to me.

This entire thing sucks and I am all for our freedom to do what we want but if no one is going to wear a mask when they are in a close group of people maybe I should just stay home as I'm not ready to die yet. I'm expecting a significant reduction in the attendance and will try to avoid crowds of people I don't know. However, if we all act like the teenagers and 20 somethings and act like everything is back to normal then many of us who are 50+ are going to end up in the hospital or worse.

Just my 2 cents.
If someone is coughing up a lung, they should have enough sense to stay home, ANYTIME.
As for the reported increase in cases, more testing will cause that, and the number of total cases can't go down, so I'm very sceptical of the statistics.

If someone is coughing up a lung, they should have enough sense to stay home, ANYTIME.
As for the reported increase in cases, more testing will cause that, and the number of total cases can't go down, so I'm very sceptical of the statistics.

Yep! All due respect Bill, your wife and the like of her should be cautious. Anyone with doubts should do what they have to do.
I will not wear one as much as possible. I think the notion of " must" is intrusive and obnoxious. These people have the conceit to demand we wear something? In this country? Um, no! BS!

ct department of corrections just tested 9504 prisoners. 832 of 'em tested positive. 830 were asymptomatic and never developed symptoms during a two week isolation and monitoring period. can't help but wonder what the reality is for the general public. i'm still not wearing a mask. Connecticut prisons announce coronavirus test results, brace for second wave
Exactly, and how much does that happen every year? And how accurate are the tests? Also, my guess is that when people have a heat stroke from walking around in 95* heat while wearing a mask that none of them are going to be asymptomatic.

Yep! All due respect Bill, your wife and the like of her should be cautious. Anyone with doubts should do what they have to do.
I will not wear one as much as possible. I think the notion of " must" is intrusive and obnoxious. These people have the conceit to demand we wear something? In this country? Um, no! BS!
:thumbsup:

I'm on the FBBO site as well, and we are talking about the same thing with the masks. One guy says that the PA Dept of Health will be at the fairgrounds with the police department watching everyone. That is the current ruling/law from what he says. THAT changes everything then, this DOES NOT look good right now.

Back