Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

Thank you for asking...

All my doctors have been assholes... but I'm sure they will remember me similarly. I find it hard to imagine that after all of that education, they lack the basic communication skills I would expect from any auto mechanic. AFAIAC they may have done a great job, I am still pumping air, but due to lack of communication they've earned the privilege to understand that I am still not planning to place second in any ******* contests.

The clog was almost complete, so IDK if I will be in shape to travel. Next update should be Wednesday. All things considered, it is an improvement. No smokes, no booze, drugs that don't feel good... this getting old crap kinda sucks.

Jeff: Sounds like everything is moving along normally during your recovery. Being pissed off a lot is a really good sign. Just take it easy, take a 1-2 mile walk every day, and all will be fine. If you can't make it to Carlisle, don't fret. I think the whole world is gonna be there next year. . . Hell. . . I might even have my convertible ready by then.

Thank you for asking...

All my doctors have been assholes... but I'm sure they will remember me similarly. I find it hard to imagine that after all of that education, they lack the basic communication skills I would expect from any auto mechanic. AFAIAC they may have done a great job, I am still pumping air, but due to lack of communication they've earned the privilege to understand that I am still not planning to place second in any ******* contests.

The clog was almost complete, so IDK if I will be in shape to travel. Next update should be Wednesday. All things considered, it is an improvement. No smokes, no booze, drugs that don't feel good... this getting old crap kinda sucks.
Yeah it sucks Jeff, but the view when you're kissing your a$$ goodby ain't great either. My wordz of wisdom for the day, Jer

WHENEVER YOU LEAVE HOME!!!
upload_2020-7-3_10-41-48.png
thank you in advance for your co-operation in this important matter.

WHENEVER YOU LEAVE HOME!!! View attachment 385772thank you in advance for your co-operation in this important matter.
1. "in PUBLIC spaces", Carlisle is private property.
2. "It is essential that PENNSYLVANIANS wear masks", I'm not a Pennsylvanian.
3. I'm a protester, and Wolf himself set the precedence that protesters do not have to follow any of the rules.

I'll laugh when you guys get there getting yourselves all worked up over a ******* mask. Relax, have a beer, look at some pretty cars, and some rusty car parts.

CALM THE **** DOWN, JESUS ******* CHRIST, YOU ARE SOME UPTIGHT OLD M.F.

You are going to do what the owners of Carlisle tell you to do. They own the place and you are a guest, make a problem of yourself you will no longer be a guest.

Last edited:
That's true, just remember that Wolf doesn't own Carlisle.

I'm not sure who actually owns the fairgrounds. It was rented by Carlisle events for quite a while. I believe it was part of the military properties at the time.

I seem to remember something about the town of Carlisle acquiring the site from the military, but my memory is a bit fuzzy. The Millers own the business (Carlisle Events) but I don't think they own the property.

So far my drive looks “clean and green”. No construction shown on either turnpike and all plazas open. Should be rolling in around noon Friday.

So far my drive looks “clean and green”. No construction shown on either turnpike and all plazas open. Should be rolling in around noon Friday.
Single lane about the 220 mm on the ohio pike. Pa has some lane closures 0-10 mm but I think only at night. That's the only pieces of those 2 I use, so that's all I can help.

My wife just asked me this afternoon, if I was going to fly to Carlisle, just to go to the show. I told her if I actually went I would still probably drive. Then she asked if my car would make it because I am always working on it. She doesn’t quite understand working on it to keep it running or tweaking to satisfy my OCD.
I was never able to sign up online for some reason. If I was to show up I would assume it would be pretty easy to get signed up for the show field. Probably a 3 out of 10 chance I would still go.
I don’t know if my new radiator Showed up at the shop today and I will have it Monday? Or not until Tuesday which is getting a little late.

My wife just asked me this afternoon, if I was going to fly to Carlisle, just to go to the show. I told her if I actually went I would still probably drive. Then she asked if my car would make it because I am always working on it. She doesn’t quite understand working on it to keep it running or tweaking to satisfy my OCD.
I was never able to sign up online for some reason. If I was to show up I would assume it would be pretty easy to get signed up for the show field. Probably a 3 out of 10 chance I would still go.
I don’t know if my new radiator Showed up at the shop today and I will have it Monday? Or not until Tuesday which is getting a little late.

I hope you do go. If you do, go to gate 3 which is where the traffic flows in and out of( supposed to anyhow). There is a house there on the main rd ( Bryn Mawr rd) at the gate. That is the events building and you can register there, then drive in. Should take you about 10 minutes.

Back