Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

I'm on the FBBO site as well, and we are talking about the same thing with the masks. One guy says that the PA Dept of Health will be at the fairgrounds with the police department watching everyone. That is the current ruling/law from what he says. THAT changes everything then, this DOES NOT look good right now.
So then what are they going to do, you're still on private property?

In front of this car ...
C body stock class 69 - 73 at 10am Saturday
20190714_060100.jpg

Sweet! Glad it's at 10 as I have a pizza lunch at the ebodies.org tent at noon.
What's the name of that sweet car?

Pennsylvania becomes latest state to mandate face masks in public.
by Zachary Halaschak, Breaking News Reporter | | July 01, 2020 05:40 PM
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf has ordered that everyone in the state must wear face coverings in public. The Wednesday order builds off his previous mandate to wear face coverings while inside of businesses.

Wolf can kiss my ***!

Wolf can kiss my ***!
I just did the 2020 Spring Carlisle a week ago on the 17th thru 20th June. I have 1 spot every year way back by the turnpike ( I call it the sifee hole) I can tell u what happened if anyone wants some questions answered and on the lawsuit Carlisle vs Dept. of Health here as they went to court that Friday at 11 AM. I am a local here in PA. I will be at the Chryslers Carlisle next week. I have 8 spots right up from Legendary Auto Upholstery in from Gate 1 about 180 yards. There was basically no one wearing masks at the Spring show. There were some but not many. No police or Dept. of health enforcing mask wearing. Once you got thru the gate, u can do what u want . Police were there 1st day from what I seen said they were there in case any Antifa showed up and tried to cause riots or problems. The local news broadcasters were there also the 1st thru 2nd day interviewing car show attendees if they wanted to be interviewed and asked what they thought about the show and what they thought about Dept. of health. It was all over the news here every day and made headline news in all the local papers front page. Clueless Media and Dept. of Health trying to say there was not enough space at the show to social distance every one 6 ft. apart with the attendance that Media kept saying there would be over 100,000 people at the Spring Show. There has not been that kind of crowd there in years in 1 day. That shows u they will say and do anything to keep things shut down. Someone did the math some where and showed the amount of feet there would be sufficient distance for the 250 people or less in a crowd. It was basically a protest of car show people vs the Dept. of Health Dictatorship here and they got schooled in court from what I hear but Carlisle agreed to work with them on social distancing from my understanding. The PA state police said they had no problems with the Carlisle people and vendors and supported the vendors and Carlisle Production Management for putting on the show. Carlisle and Dept. of health came to a agreement from what I read in the paper on how they will work with Carlisle productions on the shows. I don't know how the GM show which just went on June 26 thru June 28th what changes they did for that show from the Spring Carlisle as I did not go.

Wizard

I figure it’s simply their stated “Policy” to show officials they have a procedure in place to be allowed to open. Enforcement is up to the business, I would think, being private property.
Hey, if a vendor in a tent asks me to wear a mask I’ll put mine on. Or move on. Not wearing a mask as I traipse around 80 acres in the sun.

there are 15 states you cant travel into pa without a 14 day quarentine period

So are you still out Marty??
I am pretty sure. I canceled my room. Not sure if my radiator will be done Monday or Tuesday. I would like to think that at the last minute I could pack a bag and come by myself but probably not realistic. We wanted to do the upper Great Lakes tour through Duluth and then over into Canada to Niagara. Not a chance now. With all the crap between here and there I think I will stay put. I would like to hit some events later this summer or early fall in the MN, SD, WI, IA region. I only have 23 days of vacation left this year, plus the week between Christmas and New Year so I have to plan wisely. :steering:
I was really looking forward to the trip. Next year for sure.

We're pulling for you Jeff, won't be the same without you.

How'd the operation go? Feeling better?
Thank you for asking...

All my doctors have been assholes... but I'm sure they will remember me similarly. I find it hard to imagine that after all of that education, they lack the basic communication skills I would expect from any auto mechanic. AFAIAC they may have done a great job, I am still pumping air, but due to lack of communication they've earned the privilege to understand that I am still not planning to place second in any ******* contests.

The clog was almost complete, so IDK if I will be in shape to travel. Next update should be Wednesday. All things considered, it is an improvement. No smokes, no booze, drugs that don't feel good... this getting old crap kinda sucks.

Thanks for the update Jeff and I'm glad you're doing good. It would be great to see you at the show but the assholes know best so you better listen to them.
I'll still be hoping you'll be there but if not I'm sure you'll be there in spirit.

Hang in there:thumbsup:

Back