Carlisle 2023

Hi guys! I'm going to come out to the show this year with my 1977 town & country wagon. For those of you that have been, do you think I should register it in the station wagon class 125 or the 74-78 C-body class 450. I almost think I would enjoy being around the 74-78 C-body group more as there probably wont be many 74-77 wagons out there. What are your thoughts those that have been?

Also I will be trailering my wagon from Indianapolis area in my single car enclosed trailer. I also have a 2 car enclosed trailer that I can bring if anyone else needs transport from anywhere around Indy or anywhere somewhat close to 70 headed eastward. I'm waiting to hear back from one more local guy first, but could possibly haul another car for someone if anyone needs a ride instead of driving.
I say Cbody class with us, there will be another wagon with us as well if he comes this year..

C2947010-49FC-4E29-9FAE-91A58BB488B8.jpeg

I'm registered and went ahead and entered in the 74-78 C-Body class instead of the wagons. I also got lucky and was still able to book a room at the Homewood Suites across the road from the fairgrounds. I figured that place would have been fully booked up already! When we come out here as vendors for the Ford event we have been staying in Mechanicsburg as they are all booked up in town. Looking forward to the first event with the wagon, see you guys soon!

Here's a link to a thread with some pictures.

How many 74-78 C bodys were out there last year roughly? And do you have any more pics?!!
Last year was around (6) I believe.. every year the numbers fluctuate.. some guys put their cars in other categories like the survivor tent, and such .. I like it when our yrs are together vis spread out..

Last year was around (6) I believe.. every year the numbers fluctuate.. some guys put their cars in other categories like the survivor tent, and such .. I like it when our yrs are together vis spread out..
I agree! That's why I went ahead and did the C-body class. Hopefully we have a good showing this year

I like having the Imperials in a group, but it should be a continuation of the C-bodies. The 300s were closer to the Imperials last year, but still both split away from the Cs.

Hi guys! I'm going to come out to the show this year with my 1977 town & country wagon. For those of you that have been, do you think I should register it in the station wagon class 125 or the 74-78 C-body class 450. I almost think I would enjoy being around the 74-78 C-body group more as there probably wont be many 74-77 wagons out there. What are your thoughts those that have been?

Also I will be trailering my wagon from Indianapolis area in my single car enclosed trailer. I also have a 2 car enclosed trailer that I can bring if anyone else needs transport from anywhere around Indy or anywhere somewhat close to 70 headed eastward. I'm waiting to hear back from one more local guy first, but could possibly haul another car for someone if anyone needs a ride instead of driving.
For a number of years I brought my Diplomat wagon, and put it in the wagon class, as there wasn't really an "M-body" class then. The wagon group is fun and I enjoyed the varied cars there, but you may wind up far away from the other C-body group, so plan accordingly if that's important for you.

One of my friends sent me pictures of this! Turns out he has one of the lean burn diagnostics tools they used on these in the dealerships. My car has been converted long ago to traditional carb and ignition system, but I think it's a cool piece. If I have time I will swing by his house and grab it so I can bring it to the show. I think it would be cool to have it sitting out with our cars. I hope it cleans up halfway decent so its somewhat presentable.

IMG_6910(1).jpg
IMG_6909(1).jpg
IMG_6911(1).jpg
IMG_6914(1).jpg
IMG_6913(1).jpg
IMG_6912(1).jpg

I wonder what is involved with entering the building display? Think Tux is up to it?
Once you enter it's there for the weekend till the end?

I personally think Tux is up to it from pictures I seen, I would love to see it in a display but in my opinion C-bodies are typically the last to get picked to be in a building display for some reason. It's always the A, B, & E bodies that get chosen first. Yes once the car is there it is there the whole weekend, I quoted this from the application below......

"IMPORTANT: Featured vehicles are required to be on display from event set-up to tear-down. Specific dates and times will be provided to you upon approval."

I'm registered and went ahead and entered in the 74-78 C-Body class instead of the wagons. Looking forward to the first event with the wagon, see you guys soon!

Alright, nice. Although there was some nice wagons inthe wagon class last year, I think you made the right call on registering in the c-body class. You'll love this show, there is A LOT to see. Lookin' forward to seein your car!

Registered for the show this morning, saving 10% off the show field fee.
The discount ends on Tuesday, 5/23.

Our Carlisle Update-

I put in an application back in January for the High School Mopar Feature Building Display for my stepdad's blue '68 Sport Fury, and we got accepted!! We also registered for the showfield a couple months ago and in the B-Body class because my stepdad bought a 1969 Charger last year and we were going to bring it, because the previous owners were going to come to the show for the very first time. However our plans changed because the previous owners had to cancel their trip from a bad shoulder, so we are now back in the C-Body class. We are still taking the '68 Sport Fury for the building display AND now taking our restored yellow S/23 instead of the Charger, and will be parked next to our friend with his freshly restored Monaco station wagon. We will still be leaving on Wednesday morning  IF the weather is good on the 12th and will be getting there in the afternoon, and if the weather is not good on Wednesday we will be leaving on Thursday morning.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in July!!

I am not sure whether I will be in the car corral with my yellow 1968 Sport Fury or if I will be on the show field with a light blue 1968 Fury II 4 door as I am still putting the car back together. I am not planning on vending this year but plan on helping Craig (Mobileparts).

Back