check this new purchase out!

68Bigred

Reaction score
Ok so I know I will be ripped on about this but the second I saw it had to buy it. I was laughing so hard it still exists and so clean. I'm sure it will spend more time on a flat bed then driving it but none the less. Only 50k with ac. Waiting on it to be delivered next week. When I was in college I suffered driving one of these! Actully was a tough car but completely rotted away. Heck maybe its one of the rare good ones but somehow I doubt it. Dealer bought it from the original owner. Just had a new top put on last year and timing belt and fully documented service. Apparently nothing major has ever been done except for that heater core recall. Last time I saw one actully on the road has to be 15years ago! Ready ???? 1985 Renault alliance!

11891_ODUgZW5nIDIuanBn.jpg

11891_ODUgaW50IGxlZnQgaGlnaC5qcGc=.jpg

11891_ODUgb2RvLmpwZw==.jpg

11891_ODUgbGZ0IHJlYXIuanBn.jpg

11891_ODUgbGZ0IGZybnQgbG8uanBn.jpg

I had one of those in high school except mine was a hard top. Tough little car 40+ mpg, you could drive for two weeks on 8 gallons of gas!

Good luck with it, I only worked on a couple of them over the years. I thought they would all be scrap by now. A customer brought in a 89 Ply Horizon last week. I haven't seen one of those in a long time

Yeah somehow I think this gem will only travel in town. I don't see any road trips out side my towings coverage area lol. My Renault when I was in college had 140k on it when it went to the crusher. Only thing I ever changed was the alternator and struts. Even had original clutch. I jumped some railroad tracks and she almost broke in two. Heck everything in buffalo rotted away so couldn't really blame it.

They were Motor Trend Car of the Year, If I remember correctly they were prone to starter failures and they were expensive to replace. They were also somewhat hard to get to. Alternators wern't cheap also. Stock up on both now and purchase a factory service Manuel.

Nice!

It it breaks down......you can haul it around in the trunk of a C-Body.

Well stan make me an offer! All my car are always for sale except my 300. Actully place I bought this one from has another 85 convertable but needs some tlc. I didn't see it. Could pass their info if you are really interested. It was the same owner that had mine. I guess he bought 2 the same time.

I personall would like to purchase a mid 60's King Midget or late 70's Cushman Truckster. Either are able to be titled and drive on the street.

Two of my co-workers had those back when they were new. Both swore by them, as they had great luck with them. One owned the two-door, the other had a ragtop.

I haven't seen one run around here in over ten years, if not longer.

Thats funny, made me think of this Clarence I worked with, came into work a half hour late one winter day all covered with snow, had to walk the last mile in, he had an old rusted out Mustang and when he went over the railroad tracks the body broke and he was dragging on the road for about 100 yards till he wound up in the snowbank--this was near Oswego NY, when he got out of work and got the wrecker there that night the car came out of the snow bank in 2 pieces he said.

Jim

Yeah somehow I think this gem will only travel in town. I don't see any road trips out side my towings coverage area lol. My Renault when I was in college had 140k on it when it went to the crusher. Only thing I ever changed was the alternator and struts. Even had original clutch. I jumped some railroad tracks and she almost broke in two. Heck everything in buffalo rotted away so couldn't really blame it.

Back