Checking out a 66 300

what do you guys typically use to clean/protect the vynil roof? Mine looks good with only a little bit pulling away from the roof above the rear DS window.

Wood is an insulator. It can't act as a heat sink.

2011-10-busted.jpg

what do you guys typically use to clean/protect the vynil roof? Mine looks good with only a little bit pulling away from the roof above the rear DS window.
This:
Armor All Outlast
(Can't get the URL to work, sorry.)

Last edited:

Production date November 02, 1965
Shipping order 13079
Car line CHRYSLER Newport/300/NYkr
Price class Medium
Body type 2 door hardtop
Trim Grade Medium [32M]
Seat type Bench vinyl [334]
Trim color Black [34X]
Paint 1 Bright red [27P]
Paint 2 Bright red [28P]
Paint scheme Mono tone paint [291]
Upper door frame paint (UNKNOWN)
Engine 383 4bbl HP 8cyl 325hp B [376/382]
Transmission Transmission-Torqueflite automatic [395]
Radio Radio-Astrophonic AM/deluxe 5.5W [422]
Bucket seat accessories Spare tire cover [489]
Front bucket seats Rear armrests and ash tray [565]
Police accessories Heater-DELETE [416]
-OR- Speaker-reat seat [426]
Mouldings Mirror-outside LH remote [536]
-OR- Moulding-bumper reveal [546]
Fender mounted turn signals Light-turn indicator hood/fender mounted [517]
Vehicle sales/delivery Spotlight-LH 5in pillar mounted [671]
-OR- Oversize manual antenna [681]
-OR- Sold car/expedite [691]

i should probably move this thread to a rebuild thread. I'll work on that in a few. I cleaned her up a little. I'll clay bar her tonight and then try and polish her up at some point. Big progress was just replacing the valve cover gaskets. They were shot and leaking out oil on the exhaust manifolds.

Love seeing progress pic's, a new thread documenting your rebuild process would be great.

I started to clean/ buff out the paint and the scorch red is coming back nicely. Ive also topped off the aft fluid properly. It was well over a pint low. Then I cruised the block a few times with my son. I'm also starting to think the tires are fairly new reproduction bfgoodrich silvertones and because there is no dry rotting on them I might keep them for a bit.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here are a couple of shots. It's hard to see but there is a big difference in the paint on the front portion of the hood. The tires are crazy. They seem brand new and still have the rubber nubs on them. They sure aren't cheap too.

Do you guys have a particular or favorite spark plug?

Champion RJ12YC is the only plug I will use on my Mopar (See previous discussions on this issue) however there are many good stories from members on NGK plugs. Champion is what the factory used and if it was good enough for them it's good enough for me...

Back