Chrysler sponsored TV shows

cm23uoc

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Was wondering if you can name me a couple TV shows of the 60s-early 70s that used Chrysler C-body cars as props. The only one I remember was the "Hawkins" with Jimmy Stewart.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't ready your post right and listed shows sponsored by Chrysler Products... Not just C bodies...

Beverly Hillbillies
Mannix
The Mod Squad
Mayberry RFD
Leave It To Beaver
Marcus Welby MD
Dinah Shore
You Bet your Life

I think at times Petticoat Junction and Green Acres were too.

I'll think of more... It may just take some time though

Last edited:
We did not have most of these shows over here or they had no reruns after the years when I was born. YouTube is a good place to watch if you know what to look for.

I enjoyed Mannix. He started with a Barris Custom Olds Toronado, then came the customized A-body Dart GTS which is still around, then the E-body Cuda.

Last edited:
Adam 12 had some C's in it

One of my all time favorites is The Rockford Files.....plenty of C's in there , especially cop cars.

1971 dodge polara rockford files right.jpg

1971 Dodge Polara Rockford files.jpg

1972 Dodge polara rockford files.jpg

One of my all time favorites is The Rockford Files.....plenty of C's in there , especially cop cars.

Ah, I knew there was a reason I liked you. Rockford was the best TV show ever, IMO.

In addition to the police cars, the bad guys often used Imperials or Chryslers. I have the whole series on DVD and I recall a chase scene where Jim's Firebird is being chased by a big C-body that loses hubcaps going around corners. The thing leaned like a fishing boat in a Force 10 gale!

I remember that.........wasn't that an Imperial?

Was that in the episode of "The birds, the bees and TT Flowwers"?

You have the whole series........I envy you... Rockford files and All in the Family are my top two favorites.

I like the old series "Combat" with Vic Morrow.............of course I would. I've seen the entire series on the Action Channel (Starz) a few years back in air date order. It was pretty cool...to me. I liked seeing the old WWII trucks, tanks, and artillery.

You have the whole series........I envy you... Rockford files and All in the Family are my top two favorites.
Rockford is just plain bad ***. All in the family is a great illustration of how we've evolved as human beings.

Let's Make A Deal was the best...........giving away hundreds of Mopars.

Let's Make A Deal was the best...........giving away hundreds of Mopars.
Sales bank cars that they couldn't stuff the channel with anymore because the dealers were still choking on the new 2 yr old leftovers still in their lot and paying floor plans on.

Now I have to find time to do some watching.:)
The Rockford Files are my favorite as well, they do reruns all the time but not the last two years or so;
The two cases or so with Tom Selleck as unfailable P.I. Lance White are really funny.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't ready your post right and listed shows sponsored by Chrysler Products... Not just C bodies...

Beverly Hillbillies -- I recall some '65-'66 Convertible, but not sure specifically
Mannix -- '70 -'71 Challenger or Cuda amoung other "guest Mopars"
The Mod Squad
Mayberry RFD
Leave It To Beaver '60 Plymouth
Marcus Welby MD
Dinah Shore
You Bet your Life

I think at times Petticoat Junction and Green Acres were too.

I'll think of more... It may just take some time though

I don't know some of the other shows that you listed, but again a show that had pre C-body Mopars was a show that's rerun in the wee hours now, called "Highway Patrol" It was loaded with '56-'59s when they were new, of all of the big 3, but it had many finned Mopars in it.

One episode had Clint Eastwood in it, as a biker that was passing through town. He was probably in his early 20s.

Also in the late night reruns was a show called "Sea Hunt" with Loyd Bridges that had a '60 Chrysler wagon and a '60 Plymouth in it.

Last edited:
I like the old series "Combat" with Vic Morrow.............of course I would. I've seen the entire series on the Action Channel (Starz) a few years back in air date order. It was pretty cool...to me. I liked seeing the old WWII trucks, tanks, and artillery.

When I was just a little ****, Dad would let me stay up and watch that show with him. No one else my age seems to know what show I was talking about. Didn't Vic Morrow get killed from a rotor that came off of a helicopter?

My Dad was a Master Sergeant, teaching small arms and artillery in Alaska during The Korean war, so he had retained the Military bug also. I also watched Ba Ba Black Sheep and MASH quite often with him.

1950 CS.jpg

1950 CS.jpg

Black sheep and Mash were great shows.
We can't forget about The Brady Bunch, with that sweet triple blue Barracuda vert and the C-body wagons. Although I'd kinda like to forget about the show...

Back