Clamps and engine paint

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
As I bleed my brakes so I can replace two year fluid I am watching the master. While doing that the vacuum hose for the booster is staring me in the face with two worm clamps on it. Those are not right and details like this bug me to no end. On my Fords one uses crimp line clamps for these types of lines. Is it the same here on this 5/8" hose???

Second, who has the best match to the small block engine of the 70's blue color?

I’m in Seattle trying to get my Polara put back together after a timing overhaul and generic tune up/ including paint. Unfortunately I just heat stroked out and tossed lunch into a drain pan ha. I was working on the car outside, but the heatstroke was a result of giving up and pushing the car into the garage.

Anyways here is what I decided. The factory blue is a little too race car IMO for a c body. I decided to get a color from Oreillys with a bit more turquoise green in it. Of course it’s engine paint and I cleared it after a couple coats. Here are some results as well as a pic of the can. I just felt like it had some pop and suited the land yacht a bit better.
It’s dupli Color engine in “torque n teal”

Looks great IMO just be weary of overspray this color really travels. Heat stroke is no joke that was nuts everybody stay cool. Full body cramped up, dizziness. I’ll post pics later I’m so close to being done just radiator, alternator, fill with fluids, set timing and done. This is the $1650 46k mile one owner I bought last month if you guys remember.

95C878A7-B4C6-4543-9140-DB1792EE051C.jpeg

D3FBF2D5-614E-456B-AC49-941D518C61A8.jpeg

9A1081DB-0DF7-4D42-B8DC-CBDCC03FD66E.jpeg

28DF2D33-0A18-4F75-99D4-1406F74C76E7.jpeg

33B1ECED-00C7-4E46-BA50-F94AE8E193CE.jpeg

It is about 92 outside right now. The weather is all screwed up. We are supposed to have a few hot days and then it always gives way to an off shore breeze bringing in the fog and cool air. You know the coldest summer I ever spent was in San Francisco according to Mark Twain. The current forecast calls for 14 straight days of just over 90 degrees where I am.

i had to call in work last tuesday night due to heat related issues from the day was getting extremely drowsy while bush hogging on a tractor. was the right call to make 13 hrs of sleep later

Back