Craigslist sellers rant

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
There is an old 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass drag car on C list for a very good price. In high school a buddy & I bought a 442 to fix up & flip. So when I saw this one I thought it would be fun to flip. His description is vague & the pics are just basic. So I watched it for two months & he updated the post meaning it was still avaliable. So I called him asking about the welds on the roll cage. What rear end. Can he send better pics etc. Guy doesn't know much. Never sent any pics. It's 4 hours away & I don't have time to go look unless I have a pretty good idea what I'm going to see. The pics on the post has grass grown up all around it. No hood or grille. No engine/trans. My thinking was I'd buy it. Then buy an old Delta with a 455/400 trans & stick a bumpy cam in it & find a cheap used intake & flip the car & make some $$$$. I just bought that 77 Fury drag car & that guy sent me all kinds of pics & info. Basically begged me to come look at it. It was 3 hours away. So the guy on the olds called me back about a week later wanting to know if I was still interested. I told him I'm still waiting on the pics & reminded him it's an 8 hour drive for me. He said oh yea. Well I lost my phone. I'll get my wife to send you some. Another week & still nothing. No big deal. It's just interesting how some people are. I know a LOT of car guys with some cool old stuff just sitting around.

There is an old 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass drag car on C list for a very good price.
No engine/trans. My thinking was I'd buy it. Then buy an old Delta with a 455/400 trans & stick a bumpy cam in it & find a cheap used intake & flip the car & make some $$$$.
thinking-023.GIF
If that was a MoPar...

Yea who ever raced it probably ran a SB Chevie in it & cut off the Olds mounts. One of the many reasons I want to see some pics before I drive all the way out there.

I've done a fair amount of Craigslist deals. And EVERY time I end up looking at a car that had a vague description and a less than enthusiastic seller , the car was crap! If I'm dealing with a seller and he isn't trying to "sell" me..... I put it down and walk away. I can only speak from my perspective but if I'm selling, I'm %1000 percent honest and as descript as possible. I don't want someone driving 10 minutes let alone 10 hrs to end up with a few bad surprises. I'm sure we've all heard "Oh I didn't know it was like that" or " O forgot to put that in the ad". Eff you ya flipping con artist!! Rant over....

I wish it had the stock dash in it. It would look & feel like you are blasting down the track in a 68 Olds. That sheet metal dash makes it too much like a race car.

Back