Dano's Used Mopar Parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some good news for you Imperial Lover's out there. Brought home a 69 2 door coupe today. I haven't looked it over all that well but it has been in storage for 26 years here in upstate new york. Looks to be all there. I will look it over better tomorrow.

Is it restorable? When did it last run? How rusty?

Nice score 1969 Imp's are rare.

We need massive amount of pictures.

Is it restorable? When did it last run? How rusty?
It hasn't ran in 26 yrs according to the previous owner. I am sure the motor is locked up. The whole bottom of the frame has got a scale on it. Like I said I looked it over but not all that good. I just had knee surgery and wanted to get it home. I will snap some pics tomorrow. The body has a couple rust spots.

I look forward to some pics, sorry about your knee, hope the surgery went well.

Here are some pictures I took today.

60 Imperial coupe 003.jpg

60 Imperial coupe 013.jpg

60 Imperial coupe 007.jpg

60 Imperial coupe 010.jpg

60 Imperial coupe 006.jpg

60 Imperial coupe 011.jpg

60 Imperial coupe 009.jpg

60 Imperial coupe 001.jpg

60 Imperial coupe 005.jpg

It's got some sort of dirt film on it. The whole dash has it actually. I took some armour all to the seat and dash and it cleaned it pretty good.

The seats should scrub up pretty good with soap, water, then some leather cleaner/conditioner. Same with the upper door panels. Looks savable, except perhaps the headliner and carpet.

With that much mildew in the interior I'd give the whole heater/air system a thorough cleaning if you're planning to put it back into use.

Think his earthly remains are still visible on the floor mat.

That car would have been a real looker back in the day, it should be saved.

How many miles are on the car? Does it have auto-temp? Do you know if the sequential tail light flasher system works? I will be looking over my 69 Imperial coupe tomorrow and send you a PM of my needs.

I will check the miles for you and see if it has auto temp. Not sure about the flasher system. The owner lost the keys so i am limited.

I tried to buy this car but got no response from the buyer... You didn't sell the whole car didn't you?

He just bought it Julian. He had better luck getting the guy to call him back than you did.
this wasn't the right car for you, it would have required too much for you to be able to import it.

The mileage is 43,635. The previous owner tells me that mileage is accurate. Which by looking the car over i am sure it is. This car would take a lot to restore it. It's a great parts car no dought but the money it would take to get it perfect would be a lot. Here is the problem and we all know it, these cars, we find them when they are in decent shape and you stop and ask are they for sale and you get the same answer, we are going to restore them. Everybody is going to restore them. You know how much money that takes? A lot. Theses cars sit so long that by the time there owners decide they are not going to restore it there either rotted in the ground or they are so far gone they need a full resto. I know where there are a lot of chryslers sitting here and they are the same cars i have stopped on for the last 18 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back