Daves new addition

Yes. but nothing yet, it looks bad but sounds good. Brakes, springs , front end parts and radiator are ahead of the exhaust. ... I'd like to throw a tti on there.... That's a year away, at least

Front end parts. Hmmm... That now makes three. My condolences.

Posted via Topify on Android

Thought I'd dig this thread up because I I have the summertime blues and C bodies on the brain.

I ordered Springs from Springs and Things http://www.springsnthings.com/ for this car and I am in the process of getting them installed.
As usual I didnt get photos of "Before" or take a measurement of ride height so I am documenting from the halfway point.

This car only had 5 leafs on each side and they were arched as if Ross owned it.
193510 2014 on the trailer center.jpg

I purchased 7 leaf springs with the 1" over stock height. I do this with all the cars and as far as I am concerned it improves ride and looks dramatically.

If you do purchase springs I now (and I learned this 3 cars ago) buy new U bolts since I almost always break hardware and this time, like my last 70 I broke a shackle bolt.

193519 2015 shackle.jpg

And notice the threads on the other bolt, they are "crushed" . Be forewarned if anyone is doing this, best that I can find no one reproduces these. Murray is sending me two nice used pieces....

I am now waiting for brake parts to arrive and this Saturday should find me back out in the garage trying to get things back together, minus the shackles.

IMG_9170.jpg

IMG_9169.jpg

IMG_9178.jpg

four C bodies makes things tight...

IMG_9173.jpg

Once I get the car back on all fours I will turn her around and get started on the front end. I really want to go with the Bilsteins from PST but at $400 I may have to wait, the suspension, steering and brake parts are most important

:lotsocoffee:

193510 2014 on the trailer center.jpg

193519 2015 shackle.jpg

IMG_9168.jpg

IMG_9169.jpg

IMG_9178.jpg

IMG_9173.jpg

IMG_9170.jpg

Not in the photos but I have a Kerosene 55,000 btu canon that throws pretty good. Obviously the 12 ft ceilings do nothing for me when Im on my back. This building surprises me on all the extreme weather days. Its cool in the summer and warmer inside than outside in the winter. It does just what a garage is supposed to do and I love the building...

I really wanna get an 80" TV on the middle back wall. Not anytime soon I guess

That's what I like to see, garage full of toys, even the ones on the wall. I could never put a TV in the garage, I don't even listen to the radio when I'm working out there. Oh yeah, #2 or 3 on the "You Suck list". Might be #1, but I haven't seen everyone's toys yet.

That's what I like to see, garage full of toys, even the ones on the wall. I could never put a TV in the garage, I don't even listen to the radio when I'm working out there. Oh yeah, #2 or 3 on the "You Suck list". Might be #1, but I haven't seen everyone's toys yet.

Ive got a decent stereo , four old speakers and a five disc changer out there... The music is playing every weekend all summer long, May till October

Theres the toy and photo wall..

IMG_9175.jpg

IMG_9175.jpg

It's not about toys and garage only, otherwise this would be too easy, just take measurements and that's it... Yeah, Dave sucks Big Time. He might be Numero Uno one day... But this is not the day. Some day, perhaps. He's still young and has almost it all... Did I mention he has too big garage? lol

Nice Play Pen Dave but 60" TV on the back wall??????? COME ON! At what point doez ah play Pen become ah man cave? I've seen the pricez of those new curved 60" screen TV'z at best buy. I bought new carz for less then that not too long ago! Ah 6 cubic foot 'fridge holdz ah lot ah long neckz fer maybe ah $100. Heat it for about ah $1,000 and A/C it for another $500. Write your name in the White Crap this time ah year and kill the weedz in the warmer monthz. She'll grab ah foot and pull you out from under the toyz real easy when it'z time tah eat if yer on the dawg bone OR AT LEAST CHECK TAH SEE IF YOU'RE STILL PUMPIN' AIR ONCE AH DAY. Trust me when I tell yeah I know how sweet it iz to play in your T-shirt in January and not sweat ah drop in August. COME ON CARLISLE, LOL

Dont need the fancy stuff Jer, but theres times I just dont wanna be inside in the summer months

What was the ballpark $$$ on the springs.

I need to put springs on the NYB eventually.

That's pretty reasonable.

This is the 5th set I have bought from them. Two 71's and three 70's I have changed the springs on. Its well worth it, especially when you pack the trunk like you do going to Wisconsin, Carlisle or Detroit.... Tighten up that ride

Back