Daves new addition

I put one of these in my garage and I only have 10' headroom. My wife's LeBaron convert sits on the lift with the top down and my Aspen wagon fits underneath.

Two guys can assemble most of it, you'll need a third guy for the ramp with the cylinder in it.

Picked it up at their shop. They load it on your car trailer, you strap it down and that's it.

Thanks Doug.... The moving photo is of number 1. Not the new one.....

Murray picked up a center for your hub caps at Hershey.... Used but still good. Call him on that if you need it
Thanks Dave I will give him a call.

Its been a few weeks now since I brought home our latest prize AND prize it is. For the life of me I can not believe there was not one bid or an offer made on this car. A 1970 383-4 Mopar convertible with bucket seats and console with 1279 views on e bay had zero bids. All I can say is, their loss and Thank You to the snoozers and the lurkers who let her slip through their fingers.

I have spent the last few weekends getting intimate with this car and I am always pleasantly surprised when we connect. The engine sounds solid and easily breaks the peg leg loose, even with the new tires. The pipes sing the songs dreams are made of and the 4 barrel adds a background bass to their harmony. She begs to run, like a thoroughbred horse.

New carpet, plugs and wires, new tires and a thorough cleaning and waxing is what I have done so far. The paint had hundreds of specks ON the surface which was probably dried tree sap (though the previous owner said it was something else ridiculous). Rubbing alcohol made long work of the specks BUT it did work with no damage to the paint.

I have over 300 miles of cruising time on this car already, Winter is gonna have to catch me.

IMG_8804 (1024x683) (2).jpgIMG_8804 (1024x683) (2).jpgIMG_8805 (1024x683).jpgIMG_8806 (1024x683).jpgIMG_8808 (1024x683).jpgIMG_8814 (1024x683).jpgIMG_8818 (1024x683).jpg193510 2014 front seat right after carpet.jpgIMG_8839.jpgIMG_8838.jpg

I can hear all the right clicks now.......................................

IMG_8804 (1024x683) (2).jpg

IMG_8805 (1024x683).jpg

IMG_8806 (1024x683).jpg

IMG_8808 (1024x683).jpg

IMG_8814 (1024x683).jpg

IMG_8818 (1024x683).jpg

193510 2014 front seat right after carpet.jpg

IMG_8839.jpg

IMG_8838.jpg

Yeah , I know Fred, I know many "Road Wheel" guys here despise the white letter look with these wheels but I have always liked the look. Dont expect this car to stay factory fresh. I have one of those, this one will go against all the grain.

Looks great Dave, what a find indeed. Good think you weren't posting the pictures on e-bay of your car, I bet there would have been other bidders with those pictures.

Thank you Mike
Some people don't like photos of a car inthe grass...they say its uunnatural... I almost prefer it

That one is a stunner but I'd have liked to have seen another pic or two with that white top in place.

Grass or asphalt this car is stunning to look at, glad everyone was asleep, it clearly went to the right person.

Great pictures Dave. and your passion is showing through, I love it and relate completely. The RWL tires are correct for a 70 and look good on your car.

Sometimes I look at Jazebelle and think "how'd I get so lucky". LOL.

You got first prize with that car, It's stunning. Can't wait to see it at Carlisle.

Thank you Will, you and I share the same convertible DNA. I had to pick up my daughter last night. 20 mile round trip....58 degrees and a lot of stars, top was down.

Carlisle.... Hmmmm tough call, I have to drive Adleen sometime but she just may sit next year out. Or, have someone drive
number two there and bring all three.

I've never seen you wax poetic like you just did in your most recent post.
You really fell in love. Looks like Til Death Do You Part.

I offer zero advice on the trivials on this Beauty. This baby is pretty damn perfect.

One by one, I see everyone finding The One that they can't believe their good fortune on. I wish Mark can too. I don't think he has yet.
Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Thank you Will, you and I share the same convertible DNA. I had to pick up my daughter last night. 20 mile round trip....58 degrees and a lot of stars, top was down.

Even without the heater, your pride keeps ya warm....

Carlisle.... Hmmmm tough call, I have to drive Adleen sometime but she just may sit next year out. Or, have someone drive
number two there and bring all three.

I vote for all three.

One by one, I see everyone finding The One that they can't believe their good fortune on. I wish Mark can too. I don't think he has yet.

It is a great feeling when you hit on "the one".
With some TLC and a reasonable investment the car Mark has can be one of those. I love it, but i'm afraid mark is doomed to "the search". I have another friend like that. He agonizes over obtaing "the" car, then after a short time decides he wants something different. He's owned Superbirds, Daytona's, charger 500's, challanger T/A's, 6bbl Cuda's and now has a fully restored 69 Charger R/T w/ 4spd. Guess what ...... It's not good enough..... He makes me crazy.

If you
say to yourself "I'm buying it" when you simply saw the picture first and didn't even read the description first, then That's the one.

If you
say to yourself "I'm buying it" when you simply saw the picture first and didn't even read the description first, then That's the one.

Exactly....... My trouble through this one was putting the cash together.

Back