Daves new addition

That's the beauty of it. The patina in the paint, the original condition of the car, not perfect but respectible...

That's the beauty of it. The patina in the paint, the original condition of the car, not perfect but respectible...

Those are "real" cars. The first year after restoring jazebelle was agonizing, trying to retain the fresh look. But now that she is a used car again she is so much more enjoyable.

Just noticed....... I've reached 1000 "thanks". :yaayy:

Thank you Will, you and I share the same convertible DNA. I had to pick up my daughter last night. 20 mile round trip....58 degrees and a lot of stars, top was down.

Carlisle.... Hmmmm tough call, I have to drive Adleen sometime but she just may sit next year out. Or, have someone drive
number two there and bring all three.

Hmmm....Gary and I can take one each for you.....a convoy!:poke::3gears:

The RWL on the road wheels just looks right. I think I'm going to need two sets, one with white walls and another with RWL, I know I will not be able to make up my mind.

That's why I have two of the same cars...One with whit letters and oone with white walls

Congrats on the new ride. It sure looks good. I really enjoyed reading the story on how you got it and of course the my name is Dave and I have a problem works with me too.

Will you be bringing that one to Carlisle maybe next year?

Dave

Dave, you own the yellow 71 don't you?

Gotta find someone to drive it, unless I keep number 1 home.

Gotta find someone to drive it, unless I keep number 1 home.[/QUOTE] That should not be a problem, I'm sure somebody here would be glad to help you out. Who wants to drive a mint C body convertible to Carlisle?

Dave, you own the yellow 71 don't you?

Gotta find someone to drive it, unless I keep number 1 home.

Yep still have it IMG_20140921_144938.jpg
In storage..

Anyway congrats of the Polara, it really is a good looking car. I think FK5 is the hardest colour to capture with a pic so maybe that's why there wasn't interest? That pic you have in your signature is the exception...I guess you need lots of sunlight. For whatever the reason it worked out well for you. Timing is everything and its good that this one has such a good home.

Dave

IMG_20140921_144938.jpg

Thanks Dave, I always admire your car. I had several chances to buy it over the last 16 years but passed on everyone. It is probably better off where it is.

You are correct about the color, it needs the sunlight to jump at you.

This is from the auction as listed

193510 2014 right rear.jpg

IMG_8814 (1024x683).jpg

This is from last weekend.....

193510 2014 right rear.jpg

IMG_8814 (1024x683).jpg

Thank goodness the mudflaps are gone!! I hope you did not throw those in the white car!!

They did go well with it...... No, I still love that car and have complete respect for it, no, they went in the trash.

In fact, my son in law has a picture of them in the can, I have to get that

Yes. but nothing yet, it looks bad but sounds good. Brakes, springs , front end parts and radiator are ahead of the exhaust. ... I'd like to throw a tti on there.... That's a year away, at least

Back