Donny's 1970 300

I know! Ain't is cool? A lot of color goes in to make the F8!

I yanked the Doors today, man, gutting them is a chore! I got one of 4 done, shells will be blasted and in Epoxy and over to paint, then the entire car after I blast the jams on the car, and fix last of the rust on a few places on the Body. C Body doors for the 4 door has a lot of interesting pieces to it!

Pulled the Doors off, and gutted them, down to the shell! Wow, what a PITA to gut these down. Bagged and Tagged everything, and didn't break the glass at all, only broke two bolt/screws in the process. Pics coming. The shells will be media blasted, epoxy primed, and off to the painter who will cut in the Jams and get them straight (they're pretty good as-is), then he'll paint them with the car at one time perhaps next month.

Got the Doors in Epoxy. Started working the dents out of 'em, amazing put some heat on the skin and watch the skin rise up and go back to where it was before being hit and stretched. Weld-on studs for the puller works great, shrinking the skin also works great, and the Epoxy is tightly bound to the surface that the flame won't burn or break into the primer! The only way this is possible is after media blasting and having a properly prepared surface. Doors go to paint tomorrow. The car will make that trip in a few weeks from now!

Getting the Seats re-done, all custom made new covers, old ones removed and new material ordered and the shop is making my seats new again! I blasted the seat frames, epoxied 'em and got the build sheet recovered safely too!

IMG_9117.JPG

IMG_9118.JPG

IMG_9119.JPG

IMG_9120.JPG

IMG_9121.JPG

IMG_9122.JPG

Back