Don't DREAD the THREAD when "OLD RED" joins the "BIG RED" HOMESTEAD

20190325_163836-jpg.jpg

Whenever I do that, some prick will park right next to me, just to be an ***!:rofl:

It's okay John. I will keep the guards with Lee forever...so when I'm ashes the next caretaker can have them...it's one way to get Lee to the house...she needs to fit in third stall...I can't leave anything out on driveway overnight there have been a rash of vehicle break-ins. Can't take any chances...plus what I would do to someone if I catch them scares me. Can't enjoy Imperials in prison.

*punctuation fix---usually skip that small detail when walking three big dogs and viewing the forum on phone.

Last edited:
Always park on the edge away from the crowd and door dingers.
View attachment 272610 View attachment 272611 View attachment 272612

That's the way I park ALL of my cars ALL of the time, whether its my Fury, my 300 or my Ram. My wife used to get ticked off at me for parking out in the 'boonies' but I always told her these cars were are next biggest investment after our house and if she should take care of them the same way she takes care of the house. Now she appreciates it because it gives us some exercise in our older years. :thumbsup:

It's okay John. I will keep the guards with Lee forever...so when I'm ashes the next caretaker can have them...it's one way to get Lee to the house...she needs to fit in third stall...I cant leave anything out on driveway overnight there have been a rash of vehicle breakins. Cant take any chances...plus what I would do to someone if I catch them scares me. Cant enjoy Imperials in prison.
I don't really mind, I kept them as they were an original feature - anyway, it's no longer a daily driver and as 78brougham correctly states, apart from minor car park bumps they were/are pretty useless- more useless bureaucratic bullshit.

Lol.

Last edited:
If it was any easier they would've put it in the owners manual. It's almost as if they designed them that way....

Doc will be putting them on for car shows!
They might as well be attached with velcro. Thank God they weren't a welded-on piece. I originally thought of keeping them on for a little diversity and historical design reasons...but, practicality trumped this idea with length issues in my garage.

Yeah, they're so beautiful he'll find some more on line and put them on the '72's too! :rofl:

Actually one 72 4dr has the front bumper guards of a 73 Imp...
It´s not bad at all, but I`m a bit weird.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
@78Brougham

Kenny, I´m not sure about the true story, but it is claimed that the Imp above is produced so late that the factory installed the bumper guards up front. Smith was the first owner of the car and did own it for at least 30 years and now it belongs to mr Noiles, who tried to acquire the car quite many times in the past before success.

Back