Door panel disassembly

B-Rode

Reaction score
70 Sport Fury

After unclipping the notches along the bottom, how does the rest of the door panel come apart without breaking anything ?

Also where the hell does one find window channels or inner door parts for these things?

70 Sport Fury

After unclipping the notches along the bottom, how does the rest of the door panel come apart without breaking anything ?

Also where the hell does one find window channels or inner door parts for these things?

I assume that you have removed the armrest, the window crank and inside door handle. If so, there are also clips along the side of the door panel. Pop those loose and then give it push up as the top of the door panel is shaped like an upside down J and fits over the top of the inner door frame and into the window channel. (That's the best way I can describe it.)

Gotta take your arm rests and bases off including door opener handle, mirror bezel if equipped, window roller handle or power switches. Once you've popped all clips loose ( do that gently) the panel should lift up and out , oh, remove the lock knob ( unscrews).

70 Sport Fury

Gotta find used ones, Wolfen just posted about a parts car.
20200628_153738.jpg

After the panel's removed, carefully remove the plastic water shield. There might be some "dum-dum" strip caulk holding it to the door in a few places. What's there might be hard and cracks, so a thin bead of silicone sealer can work well (and allow the plastic to be removed easily!), from my experiences.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Back