Dragging calipers on my '73 conversion

Beware the cheap orange boxes, I got one bad one and just went for the chrome.

Dammit don't tell me that Matt. I bought it over a year and a half ago.

IMG_20170618_173512172.jpg

Mine scattered the signal at a little over 3K rpm and it's a Mopar part!:soapbox:

Mine scattered the signal at a little over 3K rpm and it's a Mopar part!:soapbox:
I'm going with the theory that if you have the spare with you, you won't need it unless it's very inconvenient or raining or whatever... It is a shame the quality of everything seems to be in decline.

That is an idea, but I think the condenser is part of the problem too. Out of general principle I refused to buy another piece of crap, made in China, condenser. My last 2 lasted one month and 2 weeks. It gives me a good incentive to go forward with the electronic ignition.

I hear ya. . . However, I have a NOS Blue Streak condenser you can have, if you buy me a beer next time I see ya.

I hear ya. . . However, I have a NOS Blue Streak condenser you can have, if you buy me a beer next time I see ya.

That sounds like a great deal. I'm good for at least a couple of beers on my end. Thanks Rip, that is a very generous offer.

I'm encouraged that adult beverages and meals have become accepted currency amongst the faithful here at FCBO... just as it should be, folks helping each other out with the small things.:thumbsup:

That is what I love about this group. People helping people for food and drink. :)

That is what I love about this group. People helping people for food and drink. :)

I just wanna help you get that turd running well enough, so you can test whether or not yer new disc brakes are working correctly. Since I have all the parts to do the same disc conversion on my '66 convertible, I have a vested interest in your efforts here.

I just wanna help you get that turd running well enough, so you can test whether or not yer new disc brakes are working correctly. Since I have all the parts to do the same disc conversion on my '66 convertible, I have a vested interest in your efforts here.
Just as I thought, it's all about you.:poke:

Yes. Its called "BeerCoin."

Beercoin is perfect, that's a great term Rip. It is the complete opposite of Bitcoin, where your make a faceless exchange of money.

Beercoin on the other hand is for the exchange of goods, in good faith, of an in face meeting, for a beer and a good conversation.

I think it should be added to the Webster Dictionary. :)

Not anymore - you piqued my curiosity so I hadda go look it up. Thanks for the hint.

Am I the only one besides Mike that knows what "Zymurgy" means?

I have gotten lazy and haven't brew any beer for years. So many great craft beers now. Seems like I quit brewing about the same time a gold car showed up at my house. :)

Yup, that's the only caveat - I had one fail right away - bought the parts store black replacement and no probs since.

Ross: Speaking of parts stores, I've been looking around for proper powere brake booster, and nobody has the one that has been mentioned in some of your other threads regarding the disc brake converison. The Cardone rebuilt unit is listed everywhere, but always turns up as "Out of Stock." Since the brake parts setup I have is from a 1971 Plymouth fusie, is it possible to use the '71 disc brake booster in my '66 300?

Back