Driveshaft for 1966 line Puzzler

I couldn't leave the exhaust like that. I would have to fix it.

Driveshaft

I am parting out a 66 300 and it has the driveshaft that you have a picture of with the weight.It has a big rust problem and it is an all original car with less than 100k. I have parted out 2 other 66 300's and they also had the weights.I have seen the weights on 66 and 67 coronets with 318's w/ 727's also.

:sFl_america2:

Those shafts were mostly in the big cars, imps, 300's, newports, new yorker the weight ring was detroits dampening theory, some cars used cv heads , even some of the imps had cv heads. Then they tried this idea of dampening.
The coronets sounds like someone put the shaft from another in it, you could lose that shaft and still have no issues

I have had people bring them and shorten them to use in other cars, I have had people bring them and use the b-bodies and e-bodies and a-bodies so they're all over where they weren't really supposed to be.
You find some Imps with the cv head, i forget which years now, lots of different ideas then getting that floating on air ride, elastic tube pressed in tube, dual cv's, dampening rings

... It's not a trunion which ended in 65 ..
One more point of enlightenment on driveshafts, my 65 Newport has a slip yoke on the tranny output. It is a cable-shift case, so that makes it a 1-year only transmission. My 65 Dart does have the Detroit ball & trunnion output and cable-shift, but I think the valve body differs from 64- because it has the now standard shift pattern. I suspect my Newport's valve body is also unique for that same reason. Indeed, I changed it once but got the part from an experienced shop, so they must have known.

I keep hearing what a P.I.T.A. the 65's because of so many "one year only" quirks.

< Sent from my tablet >

Back