Earlier NASCAR pics

That's cool........thanks for sharing!

That's when stock racing was STOCK car racing!!!

I do like this one.....

1978 Dodge Magnum

1739675792.jpg

Right around 1978/79 is when I stopped watching NASCAR...Richard Petty was my favourite driver as a youngster.

My Dad use to call me Richard Petty and called my 1969 Super Bee "The Fire Truck" since I was always driving too fast.

"Where the hell are you going...to a fire???"

I like this shot of Richard Pettys 61 Plymouth. The weight of that grill guard must have added downforce....LOL.
I wonder if it was added at the dealer....?

61 petty ply (Large).jpg

I like those early 60's cars too! They did well racing in NASCAR.

Great pics. Also one from the short term when Petty raced the Torino Talladega before they finally built the Superbird for him.

3221000292.jpg

Did you also notice the 1960 Milwaukee race pic, Bob ?

3221000292.jpg

Great pics. Also one from the short term when Petty raced the Torino Talladega before they finally built the Superbird for him.

View attachment 13368

Did you also notice the 1960 Milwaukee race pic, Bob ?

Yep, I've been to the Milwaukee Mile (which is the oldest continuous operating race track in the World) many times. Mismanagement of the track drove NASCAR out and they race a Nationwide race at Road America which is a 4.2 mile road course with 11 turns and a great change in elevation on the front straight away. I've been to the track a few times too.

There is a ton of paved and dirt tracks around Metro Milwaukee.

The Milwaukee Mile was a 1.000 mile (1.609 km)-long oval race track located on the grounds of the Wisconsin State Fair Park in West Allis, Wisconsin with grandstand and bleacher seating for approximately 37,000 spectators. It operated as a dirt track until 1953. The track was paved in 1954. In addition to the asphalt-paved oval, there is a 1.8 miles (2.9 km) asphalt-paved road circuit located on the infield.
Also from 1934 until 1953, the infield also was the Milwaukee home of the NFL's Green Bay Packers.
The Milwaukee Mile’s premier distinction is as the oldest operating motor speedway in the world, hosting at least one auto race every year since 1903 (except during U.S. involvement in World War II).[SUP][1][/SUP] The track is located at the grounds for the Wisconsin State Fair. The track has held events sanctioned by major sanctioning bodies, such as the American Automobile Association, USAC, NASCAR, CART/Champ Car World Series, and the IndyCar Series. There have also been many races in regional series such as ARTGO.

Last edited:
These were taken at the Milwaukee mile sometime around 02/03. I drove the transporter for the Jarrett/Farve driving adventure at the time and one of my "at the track" dutys was flagman. Thats me on the right and in the flagstand,working my a** off.... LOL.

milwaukee (Large).jpg

Wow Will, that's impressive.

I might of been at that race. My girlfriend at that time and who is currently my most recent ex-wife had season tickets to the Busch Series that I started going to around 1992. They used to run an Indy Car race the same day. It was funny, the Indy cars ran their race first and somewhere around 10 laps to go.....the NASCAR boys would fire up the American Iron and you couldn't even hear the Indy cars anymore. LOL!

:3gears:

Sorry, Bob, but "current most recent ex wife" is a phrase you don't hear all the time...

...for the moment. Still have to get married for the first time, but I postponed it for my next life I guess.

Back