Effects of sitting 33 years in a dirt floor shed

You can take a hundred shots of that engine turquoise and the color will look different in every shot. It was a strange color.

For those of you who haven't heard from me for awhile, I'm still here: "Grace moved under her own power today for the first time in 34 years. No brakes yet (or exhaust), but I was able to pull her out of the garage and drain her water/ ad antifreeze. Slow progress is better than no progress. She's sittin high and dry and patiently waiting..... grace 9115.jpg

grace 9115.jpg

Yahoooo! She looks great!

My friend has a twin to the first picture of the Dodge Daytona truck if that is yours. My '62 300 Special Convertible has alot in common with your car. I just had my rear brake drums turned and new shoes added to the new (6) wheel cylinders. Yeah maybe we can finish the brakes tonite and I can take it to a its first car show this weekend.

Yes that's my Daytona, '05 with 69k. Best truck I've ever owned. I'm hoping to build a new shop this fall/winter. "Grace" the 62 will be the first project done in it...stay tuned.....

Since I last logged in to this page I've been busy building my new shop for "Grace". I've torn down the old barn on my property and erected a new 40 x 60 garage/shop. The outside is now complete and it's time to start framing inside. "Grace is still patiently waiting....
DSC03917.JPG
DSC03920.JPG
DSC03943.JPG
DSC03984.JPG
DSC04012.JPG
DSC04051.JPG
DSC04685.JPG
DSC04703.JPG
DSC04704.JPG

Liking that a lot! Yours is similar to my 38' x 64' shop that I built on the footprint of my tornado-damaged home in 2003. Very nice! Matt (Mr. C) has been in my shop before.

One suggestion on your glass - tint them all!!! It will keep prying eyeballs out and still allow light in without the damaging sun fade the Sun causes to tires and paint. I have just two windows, with deep tint.

Last edited:
I agree with Mr. C, you're rapidly ascending the you suck list. I'd love to have half of that to dedicate to projects. I'm trying to get the "duck" put back together so that I can get the DD in over the winter. I do not like scrapping windows when I have a garage.

My building plan calls for windows along the whole South side just under the overhangs. The North side may also but either way its free light and more secure than eye level. The front would look like a 40's era gas station with an 10' overhang by the pump island. The front door and window on each side of would be deep tinted or a vinyl application of the interior office of the period gas station.

Back