Electric Cooling fan kits" who has them?

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I plan on taking the Polara on a good run down to New Orleans after getting back on the road.
My concern has always been that the gauges show the temps climbing if stuck on traffic.

Otherwise, no heat issues while driving at speed.
Has anyone added or replace their stock fixed fan blade with an electric setup and if you have can you post it here for reference?

Thanks!

I live in Louisiana. I run a aftermarket radiator that I have had for years in another vehicle, had it rodded out at a local shop. Stock shroud and 7 blade clutch fan and rebuilt water pump for big block with AC. No real issues in traffic.

One thing I forgot, when you do come down south you should run a lower percentage of coolant to water. Water will dissipate heat better than coolant.
Also put a couple bottles of Wetter Water.

Nice that this just came up. I have an adjustable derale switch and a 16" proform fan. I just got home after the car overheated because the fan stopped working. The thermometer klicked to turn it on and i measured 12v on the wire to the fan but it just would not spin. I am rippi g that crap back out and am gonna get a mechanical fan.

This system works flawlessly.

IMG_20130428_203046.jpg

IMG_20150111_195731.jpg

modded up a ford Taurus fan that push 4000cfm plus and a electric waterpump in my 91 gmc....never realy happy with it...the electric water pumps you see everywhere are garbage...eventually went back to basic edelbrock water pump and new clutch fan...been happy ever since
only reason l would go electric would be to race 1/4...never realy trusted them for any long distance travels

You should never use the temperature switch to run power to the fan....you will burn out that switch in short order. The switch should only be used as a trigger for a relay. The the relay will direct full power form the battery to the fan(s).

I put electric fans on my crewcab...just for the winter months. I used a preset temp sensor, on a 200* and off at 185*...but have never had them come on automatically. A couple times I got scared of the inaccurate factory gauge reading and turned on them on manually.

Back